Greetings from everyone at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. It’s President’s Day Weekend, and you know what that means. You do, don’t you?
If you are one of our ever-observant readers, you will have noticed that we have removed the embedded video demos from the Hotlist. The problem was that with all those embedded videos, the Hotlist was taking forever to load. Not good. So, we have made a very simple change. We have changed to a direct link to YouTube videos. It’s the same “one click” to see the video, but now the Hotlist loads fast as always. I hope this is not any kind of problem for anyone.
Last week, we initiated our Every Day Low Prices plan. It’s good, for everyone. The beauty of this plan is that if we want to offer Everyday Lower Prices, we can do it. For instance, this is Presidents’ Day Weekend, so we can offer you, our loyal readers, a fabulous Presidents’ Day Event. Then when it’s over, we’ll go back to the Everyday Low Prices, as usual. I am really liking this plan, and hope you are as well.
I have some good news on the Cape Cod Magic Conclave front. We have just added our pal Andrew Goldenhersh to the talent roster. He will lecture, do close-up (remember the last time he did close-up? What a blast) and perform a spot on the Saturday night show. Adding Andrew to this year’s lineup is really the cherry on the cake! So, what are you waiting for. You should register now so you do not miss out!
That’s all the news from here. Make sure and check out this week’s excitement!
PRESIDENTS’ DAY SALES EVENT: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Allthose presidents. All those high schools. It’s Presidents’ Day, and we want you to celebrate like it’s 1775!
For the next five days, from the very moment you receive this email until Tuesday evening, February 21st, at midnight, you can save 35%
All you need to do is enter the special code PRESIDENTSDAY in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 35% from your order total.
If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure and mention the special code so you can save like crazy
Now, here are the rules:
• The minimum order to get the 35% discount is $35.00.
• The 35% is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• We cannot combine offers.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, theory11 items, Johnson Products items, MagicSmith items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Promotional Gift Certificates, Coupons and Reward Points may not be used as part of this sales event.
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code PRESIDENTSDAY in the Discount Coupon Box and nowhere else. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale positively ends Tuesday at midnight, Eastern Time. Enjoy!
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
(1) ESP Chip-Sational: While the effect is an old one, this new method and beautiful props bring it into the 21st. century.
No expense has been spared to bring you a truly first rate effect. The quality of the woodwork is typical Viking quality, with great attention to detail. The chips provided are made of the finest professional material. The instructions have been updated and improved to give the performer maximum effect.
The performer shows the audience two sets of five ESP chips. These will be used in a Psychic Experiment involving one of the spectators. The twist is, the spectator will actually be able to 'read the performer's mind'!
The performer places a chip inside the two compartment box, face-down, followed by the spectator placing his impression of what he 'feels' matches the performer's chip in the remaining empty hole.
The performer always goes first.
When all 10 chips have been placed in their respective holes they are tipped out on the base and one by one are shown to match perfectly! The spectator actually predicts the performers choices and is 100% correct!
Things to remember:
* There is no force of any kind. The spectator has 100% control over the order of his selections.
* The effect is performed exactly as detailed above.
* The outcome of each presentation is completely random.
* Set-up/reset takes but 30 seconds.
* No sleights.
* All props may be handled by the spectator.
* The props are first rate.
* The outcome can be different every time and it is very easy to do.
* Highly recommended for mentalists, collectors and close-up performers.
Mahogany base with walnut lid and mahogany inlay, handcrafted box; custom chips and complete instructions.
Box measures: 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" x 1 9/16"; chips measure 1 5/8" diameter.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(2) Mind Ball – David Regal: Mind Ball is a custom-made Magic 8 Ball-type device that allows for a routine that combines solid amazement with built-in amusement. It just may be the ultimate party trick, but David has performed it as part of a formal close-up act and as a bar magic item. Wherever you have a group of people, you can perform Mind Ball!
Two spectators - one male and one female - select cards from an examined and shuffled deck under what appears to be ultra-fair conditions.
The magician does not touch the deck during this process.
The male spectator is left with a card in front of him, the female spectator with a card in front of her.
They concentrate on their cards, and the Mind Ball not only reveals which cards were selected, but whose is whose!
Throughout this participatory routine the ball can be passed around, reading the minds of people in the audience, as when it is not revealing a card it is saying something amusing.
Mind Ball does not cost hundreds of dollars because there are no electronics... you "ride the ball" as one random phrase after another appears in the window until both selections have been revealed. The trick is extremely easy to do, and exceptionally baffling, but its greatest attribute is the solid entertainment value that is produced. $55.00 (30.1671)
(3) Time’s Up – Rick Haslett: Rick Haslett has done it again! Time’s Up is a great new close-up effect.
Reach into your jacket and bring out a neat looking analog clock.
Explain that your “time is up” and, in a flash, the clock has vanished! Wow!
A fantastic “table exit” for table hopping. Bring out the little clock. “Looks like my time is up.” The clock vanishes in a flash and you are off to the next table.
You are clean both before and after the effect.
Do it over and over again. Resets in 3 seconds.
If you want some attention, and who doesn’t, this will give it to you.
Comes with CD-Rom Video instructions.
(4) Science Friction: The revolutionary Nano Fluid for playing cards.
The most revolutionary invention since Roughing Fluid!
Science Friction is not Roughing Spray.
It's not sticky stuff.
It's completely new to Card Magic.
Use it for unbelievable card effects.
Easier approaches to classic card sleights.
Develop your own applications.
You will not believe your eyes!
These key features make Science Friction so different:
*Prepared cards can be handled by the spectator; the preparation stays undetectable. Science Friction, if applied properly, is undetectable for spectators, so that you can even give away the prepared cards!
* You will get a DVD with 3 hours of material, all details are discussed and explained thoroughly to give you the insight how to develop your own tricks.
* This is only the beginning. Additional DVD's are being developed and produced.
The creative juices are flowing and we are already working on new effects that will be released on additional DVDs soon, making your investment even more valuable.
* Use borrowed decks! This is the great part about Science Friction. Carry your prepared card(s) with you; if you see a matching deck, borrow it and add your card(s), you are ready to go!
* Easy to perform tricks and applications, never possible before.
* Foolproof preparation with provided Spraying Templates
* Tricks based on the preparation of single cards, not on complete decks. With Science Friction there is no need to have a prepared "partner card" to work, as with any trick based on Rough & Smooth. You prepare one card; it will work with any other one.
* Long lasting spray can; good for 500+ preparations
* Preparation completely and easily removable
* Simplification of classic sleights. Just imagine doing Double or Triple Lifts with ease. Pushing several cards over as one is just a breeze. With Science Friction you will never again telegraph these sleights.
* All Rough and Smooth effects are possible with Science Friction with a fraction of the usual preparation.
* Super fast drying time. Need a gimmick fast? Wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant new idea? Can't wait until you can test it? Science Friction won't make you wait for long! Just a puff, wave the gimmicked card a few times, and you are good to go.
400 ml Science Friction spray can
Instructional DVD with 3 hours of instructions and spectacular effects.
Special Spraying Templates for poker and parlor size cards
Wallet that keeps the prepared cards in place
Special printed gaffed cards in poker and parlor size
Registration Code for getting access to the Science Friction Member's Area.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(5) Book Of Secrets – John Carney: 25 lessons for stage and close up.
A comprehensive course in the art and psychology of sleight of hand.
Critics and readers alike proclaim it one of the best magic books ever! This comprehensive course of study is a 377 page hardbound book filled with stand up magic, close up, and essays.
John Carney is acknowledged as one of the best magical entertainers and teachers in the world. His last book, Carneycopia, was acclaimed by many as a classic and one of the best books of the decade.
Each lesson concludes by giving the student assignments to complete, encouraging them to participate in creating their own magic. Historical essays of some of magic's greats are also included, not just citing of facts and figures, but explaining what qualities made them great and how you may apply their example.
Stage routines include John's take on the classic Rising Cards, Egg on Fan, Linking Rings and Miser's Dream. Close-up descriptions include his routines for the Cigars from the Purse, Champagne Glass and Coins, Thimbles and his Color Changing Cards Routine. Also discussed are techniques and psychology for the Classic Pass and Card Palming.
Not just a book of tricks, but a comprehensive course of study in the art and psychology of sleight of hand. The book is 377 pages, hardbound with gold impression. The 262 illustrations accompanying the descriptions are sharp, clear and uniquely rendered.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
What They are Saying About the Book of Secrets:
"This book blows me away. It is full of passion...just vibrant with it. Carney has rediscovered and reinvented classic platform magic. He talks to you like a guy, a mentor, a tough-love teacher. He doesn't expect you to come to him with a 5th degree Elmsley-Aronson black belt. But he does expect you to love magic as much as he does, and be willing to earn your miracles. Carney's The Book of Secrets goes right on my shelf of classic reference books." – Teller
"Here is a real insight into the way John thinks about magic, the way he combines past inspirations with current motivations, and the continual process of searching, trying, experimenting, and improving to find the best result. It's more than just a new format for a magic book; it’s made me think about magic in a new way." - Jim Steinmeyer
(6) $100 Billet Catch: The world's deadliest magic trick, now funnier than ever!
With only a couple of ordinary props, all of which fit in your pocket, you can fill the entire stage with magic, comedy, and suspense.
A signed $100 dollar bill magically travels from the spectator's "hand gun," through the air, popping a newly blown balloon along the way, and the magician catches the bill in his teeth!
There, wrapped in a few shards of balloon still held in the magician's teeth, is the spectator's signed $100 bill!
The spectator opens the gun chamber (their hand) and the bill is gone.
The $100 Billet Catch comes with complete instructions, a supply of balloons, and a special gimmick.
Because the bill is wrapped in pieces of balloon, money never touches your mouth directly.
Included in the instructions are a series of patter lines and jokes to make this a centerpiece to any show.
(7) Magic Pet Shop: Display a beautiful wooden panel, which is brightly, decorated to look like a pet shop.
Open the panel to show that there are six pets inside: two rabbits, two dogs and two cats.
Remove three of the animals and close the door.
Place the three pets into a bag. Is it a doggy bag? Just wondering.
In a wink, all three end up back in the Pet Shop! Of course the bag is now empty.
An unlimited number of stories can be told about the three animals and their magical travels.
Perfect for kids of all ages. Especially good in day care shows!
Very well made.
(8) Bearly Impossible – Pro Series Volume 7 – Paul Romhany: For the past twelve years this routine has been the opening act of Paul's Mentalism Show, both land and cruise ship work. This book details the original method plus the updated method and equipment used. The book also explains a solo version that Paul uses in more intimate situations. The book also gives Paul's word for word routine, complete with gags and bits of business making this a complete package. As a bonus Paul shares three different effects that use Teddy Bears including a Paper Balls over the Head Production and another highly commercial stand-up bear routine plus a great bear routine for kids performers.
The performer shows a gift box, and explains that he bought this gift for his four-year-old niece for her upcoming birthday. He then talks about 'coincidences' and wants to try an experiment. Audience members are asked to call out any color, any amount of money, a ladies name and a 'gift' is selected. The selections are written on a whiteboard. The lady is invited on stage and she takes out of the gift box a birthday card addressed to the magician's niece whose name matches the one called out - coincidence one. She then takes out a gift certificate for the exact amount that was called out - coincidence two. She then reaches in and takes out the gift which matches her choice and it is the exact color that was called out. The color, money, name and gift all match 100%. Remember, the spectator takes the items from the gift box.
52 pages. 5" x 8." Perfect bound. Black and white photos and illustrations
"There is something very endearing about using a Teddy Bear in a show - especially if you end up giving it away. This is one of my all time favorite routines to open my show as it immediately gets the audience on my side and prepared for the rest of the show." - Paul Romhany
And that’s this week’s Presidents’ Day Hotlist. Great stuff. Fit for a president. Or a king. And, we’ve got it all, just for you!
Don’t forget that during the Presidents’ Day Weekend, our Everyday Low Prices are even lower than ever! You'll save 35%, just remember to enter the special code, PRESIDENTSDAY.
I want to thank you for coming around to visit. Whether you visit us online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford, we do love the company.