Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. This week, as promised, I am writing to you from the brand new and beautiful Cosmopolitan Hotel in fabulous Las Vegas. Outside the window I can see the Eiffel Tower, so for just a second I thought we were in Paris, the city, not the hotel. I have been to Las Vegas many times, but every time I am amazed at what a “Disneyland For Adults” it is. It’s a very exciting place, for sure. Bonnie is here for a conference, so I will be left to my own devices during the day. What to do, what to do? A few minutes of gambling (not such a big gambler), a little Tic Tac Toe with a chicken, then a trip to the pool to read a good book. I wish I were a more adventurous person. Ah, well.
We decided that as long as we were already so far from home, we should take advantage of it and continue on to the West coast. So, after her conference, we will be flying to San Francisco for a few days in Napa Valley. This is much more my speed. No gambling. No bright lights. No “excitement.” Just a few relaxing days in Wine Country. We will be back Wednesday evening and back to work on Thursday.
While I am away, the elves will be in charge of Hank Lee’s. I used to worry when leaving, but those elves do such a good job when I am away that I worry no more. And, on the home front, Aron and Lucas will be taking care of Bones The Dog, so no worries there either.
This week, we shipped out all of the back orders of Gypsy Balloon. And, it was a lot of them. We do still have a good amount left in stock, so if you have been thinking about getting this wonderful trick, now is a good time!
I should also mention that, if you haven’t done so, you should subscribe to the Hank Lee’s Magic Factory Channel on You Tube.
And that’s it for this week. I need to go and feed the one-armed bandits! Almost forgot. Check this week’s excitement. Something new for a change!
25-30 Sales Event We love getting your orders online. Our Online Catalog is super easy to use, and makes ordering a breeze. The only downside is that we don’t get to talk to you! Frankly, the elves, and me too, are missing that personal touch. We want to talk to you. We want to know how nice and warm it is in Florida while we are freezing up here. We want to hear how much colder it is in Washington state than it is here in Boston. We want to know how the kids are. And, it’s hard to do that online. So, we want you to give us a call and place your order. And, we want to make it worth your while. So, for the next 5 days, from the very moment you receive this email until Tuesday, June 14th at midnight, we are having our very first 25-30 Sales Event.
There are two ways you can save.
* Call your order in to our toll free order line at 800 874 7400 or 781 391 8749 and mention the special code, 25-30, you will save a huge 30% on all discountable items. If you live in a foreign country and can’t call in, you can place your order by email to email@example.com and mention the 25-30 code and we will give you the 30%. Just make sure you include your credit card number and expirations date (do it in two emails for security)
* Place your order online and enter the special code 25-30 in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 25% from your order total.
Here are the rules:
• The minimum order to get the discount is $30.00.
• The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• We cannot combine offers.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, Johnson Products items, theory11 items, MagicSmith items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons and Reward Points may not be used as part of this sales event.
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code 25-30 in the Discount Coupon Box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there.
If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale positively ends Tuesday, June 14th at midnight, Eastern Time.
Now, to this week’s Hotlist.
(1) Al Schneider Magic – Al Schneider: In the world of magic literature, where there’s an overabundance of the ordinary, every so often, a book comes along that clearly stands out from the rehashed and recycled norm. A book that, even on casual perusal, demands to be studied for a lifetime. A book that represents the life’s work of one of magic’s most gifted artists. It’s a rare occurrence when a magic book of such high caliber is produced, but at long last, the wait is over. It’s time for Al Schneider Magic.
There are tricks with coins, cards, cups and balls, napkins, bracelets, finger rings, and more. One could easily build a complete close-up act from the material presented here. And, if you think you know what “Matrix” is all about, wait until you read the comprehensive treatment of the effect that you’ll find in this book, including a discussion about its complete history, the philosophy of the effect, its many variations, and more. And all from its creator.
In a day and age when single-trick DVDs can cost $30.00 or more, you’ll find more magical value in this book than perhaps any other single investment you’ve made in magic. Hard cover, full-color dust jacket.
Ready to ship mid-June. Pre-order this exciting book now!
(2) Super Cane To Bouquet: One of the true classics of magic, now beautifully re-made.
The magician spins his silver cane in his hands, stops it, and transforms it into a huge bouquet of feather flowers.
Tora Magic's tireless devotion to improving the quality of their products has resulted in this new version of the classic. Careful redesign of the feather flower bouquet allows you to produce a larger bouquet than ever imagined!
The bouquet safely fastens to the cane with a nut and bolt, and is easily removed for packing and transport.
(3) Friendbook – David Taylor: Welcome to the social network site that's going to take over the world. Really? Not really.
This could quite possibly be the most commercial trick ever invented. FriendBook could do for magic what FaceBook has done for social networking!
Dave Taylors FriendBook is a great prediction effect that everyone can relate to.
Using the premise of a social networking site, this is not only an up to date and relatable premise but also lends itself to a fun filled presentation!
Offer your spectator a once in a lifetime chance to join FriendBook, the new social networking site that's going to take over the world. What makes FriendBook so good? Well you get a great introduction pack and they even choose your first friend for you!
Your spectator is given the choice of accepting 1 of 5 possible friends. After they have considered their options they commit to accepting one of the lucky bunch as their first FriendBook buddy.
Your spectator is reminded that FriendBook always knows who they would choose. You reveal FriendBook's prediction and it matches exactly.
What makes FriendBook even better is the fact it focuses on a topic that is recognizable by spectators worldwide!
Friendbook has been designed to fit in your wallet. It's a self-working, easy to perform miracle which includes durable props designed to last a lifetime.
FriendBook will soon become your go-to effect when you have a group of people you want to entertain at the drop of a hat!
Comes complete with Props and Instructional DVD
Ready to ship on the 24th of June. Pre-Order now, and we’ll pick up the shipping!
(4) Close-Up Magic Secrets – Diamond Jim Tyler In 2000, Diamond Jim released his first book titled Pockets Full of Miracles. The book quickly became a best-seller and was out of print one year later. That book literally took him around the world The hardback book still fetches exorbitant prices when you can find it online. The good news is that the book is now back in print!
Move objects with your mind, pass coins through tables, escape police restraints, and reveal other people's thoughts! Diamond Jim Tyler shows how to transform an ordinary act into a truly entertaining show. Learn 29 routines that include several original tricks as well as many tried-and-true crowd pleasers.
This guide is designed for illusionists performing in small venues - bars, restaurants, and other places where audiences will be watching from close range. Its tricks for every type of magician include a variety of routines involving cards, money, fire, mind-reading, and comedy. Diamond Jim offers tips on patter and a helpful glossary of magic jargon. More than 300 photographs illustrate his easy-to-follow instructions.
Perfect Bound. $14.95 (BK01788)
(5) GT Speedreader Marked Deck: The GT Speedreader is a ground breaking new version of the classic Ted Lesley concept. Specifically designed by a working pro for how performers and spectators really look at cards. The SpeedReader system hides the marks when you spread the deck and makes your readings truly fast and efficient.
The Big GT SpeedReader Difference
Standard marked decks are marked in the upper left corner (and lower right). The GT SpeedReader is marked in the exact opposite position, at the upper right corner (and lower left). So as you the spread the deck, the exposed upper left section of the cards has no mark (where a sharp spectator might see it), while the performer can easily read the mark at the lower left corner of the cards, where it's away from the spectator's view.
More SpeedReader Advantages:
Right Hand Overhand Grip
Riffling for a Spectator Peek
We consider the GT SpeedReader to be one of the best marked decks available for the discerning professional
If you're used to working with standard marked decks you'll find you can almost instantly adapt to the new GT SpeedReader system. It's intuitively the more natural, safer, easier-to-read marked deck for working under-fire in the real world.
(6) Secrets Of The Snowstorm Set: In recent years, the classic snowstorm effect has gained more and more popularity. We thought it was time to explain, in depth, one of magic's best-kept secrets. The book in this set is a complete explanation of the Classic Snowstorm including tips, suggestions and ideas to help bring a new light on this stunning effect. If you use this book you will have the tools necessary to place your own stamp of originality on a classic effect.
Larry Maples and Raven are full time working professionals who perform for cruise lines and resorts all over the world. In 1989, they released The Ultimate Snowstorm. This was the first pre-made banded snowstorm load made in the United States. Today, their Ultimate Snowstorm is used by professionals all over the world and is a staple product in the lines of the most prestigious magic shops.
Comes complete with 6 snowstorm loads (4 white, 1 red, 1 multi), 12 inch fan and 32 page Secrets of the Snowstorm book.
(7) JAQK Playing Cards: From our friends at theory11. A deck that is a collector's item. A masterpiece. The most elegant deck you've never seen.
JAQK Signature Playing Cards combine distinctive design with the peerless quality of the world's largest playing card manufacturer - The United States Playing Card Company.
Based on original artwork created by an award winning winery in Napa Valley.
This beautiful, one of a kind deck is now available with brand new stock, feel, and finish.
The gorgeous custom tuck case with embossed scrolls, metallic inks, and imported French paper are truly perfect magic and cardistry community.
They are a new breed of elegance in playing card design.
A deck that is as beautiful as it is functional, JAQK Playing Cards are a collector's item that will draw compliments every time the cards are cut. And they handle like a dream. Available in blue and printed on the finest stock to ensure durability, fanning capability and snap.
Rare, refined, and an instant collector's item. Order soon, as these are available in a very limited edition. $4.95 (30.1593)
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(8) Magic Castle Lecture – 3 DVD Set – Fantasio:
Learn great magic from one of the world's greatest magicians!
21st Century Cane
Magic Cassette Player
Extra Long Thumb Tip
Vanishing a Large Silk
Impromptu Side Table
Practical Folding Box
Vanishing Want to Silks
Making a Vanishing Flute
The Vanishing Candle
Flat Folding of a Silk
Lighter to Matches
One Handed Color Changing Lighter
Silk from Flame
Covered Vanishing Candle
Easy Candle to Silk
Candle to Ball
Candle to Silk to Cane
Preventing Fluid Evaporation
Ribbon and Candle
Color Changing Canes
No Tapes For Color Change
Cane to Double Bouquets
Loading the Bouquets
Fixing a Damaged Coil
Patriotic Changing Canes
Cane to Flag
Lighter to Cards Fan
Vanishing Candle with Card Fan
Appearing Lit Candle
Appearing a Vanishing Candle
Repairing Spring Tension
Pull-Reel Vanishing Candle
Self-Holding Extended Candle
Holding and Palming the Candle
Using Double Sided Tape
Card Sword Cane
Cha-Cha Rope Penetration
The Challenger Gimmick
One Handed Vanishing Cane
Cane to Silk to Lit Candle
The Challenger Candle
Vanishing the Appearing Candle
Appearing Candle from Sleeve
Silk from Cigarette Lighter
Thumb Tip to Prevent Evaporation
Improved Zig-Zag Card
Flaming Thumb Tip
Thimbles with Vick Cap
Sure Lit-Match Production
Bic Hole Penetration
Bill inside Bic Lighter
Silk through Tumbler
A Generous Magician (Ropes)
All three DVDs - $15.00 (DVD01269)
And that’s this week’s Lucky 8 Hotlist! Some great new stuff. And, if you call your order in, you can save a big fat 30%! So, pick up that phone and start dialing.
As always, we thank you for find some time to spend with us. Whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com, on the phone at 800 874 7400 or in person at 102 North Street in Medford, we do love your company!