Greetings from everyone here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. I am just back from a week’s R&R. As I told you last week, Bonnie had a conference to attend in Las Vegas. She had a great time. It was a combination sales meeting, new product roll out and motivational event. The conference was held at the new Cosmopolitan Hotel. The newest, biggest, hippest place on the Vegas Strip. Did I mention also the noisiest? There was crazy loud music blaring all the time. I think the hotel is catering to a very young crowd, which as you know does not include me. We were there from Wednesday night until Sunday morning. She had scheduled events almost all the time, so I didn’t get to see her all that much. For me, it was pure relaxation. I read, sat on the balcony outside out hotel room, had lunch at the pool and generally chilled. I didn’t gamble at all. At some point, when I wasn’t looking, the entire town changed over to a “no real money” system. So, even though I had a pocket full of quarters, I couldn’t play the one armed bandits without changing money into tickets and using the tickets in the machines. For me, it took away all the spontaneity of dropping some coins into the machines. On the bright side, I didn’t lose a penny gambling.
Thanks to good friends Katie and Chris Kenner, I got a couple of tickets to the David Copperfield show at the MGM. Since Bonnie was busy, I called my old pal Lynetta Welch of Fabric Manipulation fame, and she agreed to be my “date” for the show. The show was a lot of fun. We had a great time and had a chance to catch up.
Sunday morning, Bonnie and I flew to San Francisco, got a rental car and drove up to Napa Valley. What a beautiful place. We had not been here for many years, and then for only one day. We stayed at a great small hotel, the Harvest Inn, and it could not have been nicer. We were in Napa Valley until Wednesday when we flew home. While we were there, we visited a bunch of wineries and tasted some amazing wines. Or so Bonnie says. We also went on a Hot Air Balloon Ride. It was very cool. Quiet and peaceful. There wasn’t a lot of wind, so we didn’t travel very far, but the view from the gondola was incredible. We could se all of Napa Valley from way up there. I have photos and will try to include them.
Now, we’re home and it’s back to work. With fully recharged batteries!
I should mention that this Sunday is Father’s Day. Make sure you take extra special care of your Dad, something you should do every day, but especially on Father’s Day.
Finally a big congratulations to our Boston Bruins for winning the Stanley Cup. It’s been 39 years since they won it, and what a series it was! I can’t wait for the parade!
We had such a good time with last week’s Excitement, that we are doing it again! And, this time, I’ll get the dates right!
25-30 Sales Event Again! We love getting your orders online. Our Online Catalog is super easy to use, and makes ordering a breeze. The only downside is that we don’t get to talk to you! Frankly, the elves, and me too, are missing that personal touch. We want to talk to you. We want to know how nice and warm it is in Florida while we are freezing up here. We want to here how much colder it is in Washington state than it is here in Boston. We want to know how the kids are. And, it’s hard to do that online. So, we want you to give us a call and place your order. And, we want to make it worth your while. So, for the next 5 days, from the very moment you receive this email until Tuesday, June 21st at midnight, we are having our very first 25-30 Sales Event.
There are two ways you can save.
* Call your order in to our toll free order line at 800 874 7400 or 781 391 8749 and mention the special code, 25-30, you will save a huge 30% on all discountable items. If you live in a foreign country and can’t call in, you can place your order by email to email@example.com and mention the 25-30 code and we will give you the 30%. Just make sure you include your credit card number and expirations date (do it in two emails for security)
* Place your order online and enter the special code 25-30 in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 25% from your order total.
Here are the rules:
* The minimum order to get the discount is $30.00.
* The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
* We cannot combine offers.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, Johnson Products items, theory11 items, MagicSmith items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
* If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
* Coupons and Reward Points may not be used as part of this sales event.
* As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code 25-30 in the Discount Coupon Box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there.
If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale positively ends Tuesday, June 21st at midnight, Eastern Time.
Now, to this week’s Hotlist.
(1) Cobra Kiss by Hondo: A brand new version of the Russian Roulette effect. You don't need to prepare any gun, nail, or big stapler guns any more. With five pocket staplers and one handkerchief, you can do the magic routine easily in everyday life situation.
The five gimmicked staplers are specially designed so that, all together, they take up the same amount of space as a deck of cards! So you can carry them with you all the time.
The secret of Cobra Kiss is also powerful. It's very safe and completely self-working. It has the following features:
• The audience can examine everything before and after performance.
* The loaded stapler is freely by the spectator.
* The magician doesn't see when the spectator selects and loads the stapler.
* The staplers are shuffled under a normal handkerchief, so even the audience doesn't know which one is loaded.
* Only one stapler is loaded.
* No thread, magnets, marks or extra staplers.
* No stooge or assistant.
* No electric device.
* Resets in one second.
* Easy to carry.
Every Cobra Kiss contains five gimmicked staplers and the instructional DVD with English, Japanese and Chinese subtitles. The DVD also includes tips by Hondo.
(2) Triangle Of Terror – Keith Fields: In Keith Fields’ book If Ever A Wiz There Was, there is a delightful routine which requires a wooden pool triangle attached to a leash. We are now able to supply the necessary props for this routine.
A cup is placed on the triangle and filled with water. It is then whirled around and around in a vertical circle!
You then change direction and whirl it around your head. The water stays in the cup and the audience will be riveted to their seats!
A fantastic effect which will keep them talking. Great for school science shows as this is an example of centripetal force in action!
It looks very difficult, but is actually very easy to do!
The set is complete and exactly as Keith uses in his shows. All you need to add is a cup of water.
If you want to do something really impressive, then buy two and have double the fun
(3) Pop Art – Mark Southworth: What could be more magical than visibly producing a deck of cards? It’s the perfect lead-in to your favorite card routine!
Imagine you have an ordinary sketchpad that has a picture of a pack of cards on one of the pages.
Flip the pad and the pack of cards visibly jumps out of the sketch pad and into your hands! No, you are not imagining it, this is Pop Art.
You can perform this effect close-up or on stage. The impact is so visual people will never forget it.
Do you regularly use a deck of cards? Perform this before any card effect to make the deck you are using appear the Pop Art way!
Or, you can draw a pack of cards onto a page in the sketch pad, then have that very same pack of cards jump out from the pad!
What else can you do? It’s up to you and your imagination.
* Easy To Do
* Self contained
* Perfect for all type of shows
Supply your own deck of cards, Pop Art does the rest.
(4) Kartis Okito Box: The Argentinian master of magicians, Kartis, designed his own Okito Box over 30 years ago. He performed his coin routines in hundreds of shows using this box. Now, after having kept the secret for most of his life, he has decided to sharet his box with the magic community.
You will find many routines specially created by Kartis and explained in Spanish and English.
The first edition is limited to 100 pieces, and includes deluxe packaging and the Kartis' signature on the DVD.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(5) Bullet Party – The Book – John Bannon: Become a card-carrying member of Bannon's Bullet Party.
Bannon's back; locked and loaded with over twelve card tricks and moves. High caliber card magic in three chapters.
First, Bullet Party, the next installment in Bannon's "fractal card trick" series. High impact packet magic that ends clean and examinable. Follow the Ace and ignore the Jokers, if you can, before the bullets start flying and all four cards change. Complete with subtitles.
Second, The Bullet Catcher Routine. Five unusual Ace routines to be done together or separately. Produce. Re-produce. Assemble. Change. Disassemble. You won't look at the genre the same way again.
Third, a cache of false cuts and shifts, impromptu cards tricks, and a significant revision to Bannon's faux-poker fractal matching trick, Poker Pairadox.
Welcome to the party.
126 pages. Perfect Bound.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(6) Extreme CD Manipulation – 2 DVD Set – Adrian Man: The ultimate secrets on CD manipulation are finally revealed! Award-winning magician Adrian Man opens his suitcase and is glad to share with all magic lovers his own innovative CD manipulation effects and sleights. The techniques shown in this DVD set illustrate new and advanced features of CD manipulation since the release of Adrian's first DVDs on CD manipulation in 2006. All you need to do now is to get a few CDs and you are ready to step into the cutting edge of modern magic!
Mini-CD Perfect Production
Mini-CD Tenkai Production
Advanced Techniques Part 1:
3-CDs Fingertip Production
3-CDs Fingertip Vanish
Multi-3CDs Fingertip Production
4-CDs Fingertip Production
4-CDs Reverse Fingertip Production
Mini-CD Fingertip Production
Flash Vanish & Production with 3CDs
Split Fan Production
Front Split Fan Production
Advanced Techniques Part 2:
Waist Palm and Production
CD Acquitment Using Advanced Waist Palm
Single CD Transformation
CD Transformation Routine
Mini-CD Multi-color Change
CD To CD Case
Make your own homemade CD Holder
(7) Poker Fly – Mark Southworth: The classic Threefly with Casino Chips!
A truly universal effect recognized wherever you go in the world?
Three poker chips travel, invisibly, from one hand and appear magically, one at a time, in the other hand. At the end of the performance you are left totally clean and everything can be examined.
Poker Fly comes with all poker chips and a custom gaff.
The DVD includes routine, tips plus bonus.
(8) Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume 7 – Richard Osterlind: The final volume is finished and the series is complete!
Richard has ended his legendary series by putting his heart and soul into this last Guide Book. As always, the effects on the DVD are thoroughly dissected and analyzed for your study, but there is so much more! Each page contains insight into professionalism that will be worth a fortune to you. Learn from 40 years worth of experience what makes this magic and mentalism play so strong!
* Learn why Tarbell had it right about the Craft and Science of Magic!
* Study all the details of The Final Answer, one of mentalism's strongest acts!
* Discover some of the most powerful card effects ever created!
* Understand the incredible thinking behind such test conditions as the Osterlind ESP Card Stack and his now-legendary ODDS effect!
This book also contains deep insight into the Ashes on the Arm, Richard's incredibly commercial Pen Paddle move, the Haunted Key and the wonderful Solid Ghost! The Mind Mysteries Volume 7 DVD actually contains more material - twelve effects - than any other volume and the entire dozen are thoroughly covered!
Richard has gone further than ever with his deep insights that go far beyond each effect. Learn how Richard thinks and develops his material.
Finally, there is one last Bonus Section called Mentalism Expanded. This chapter contains material that is almost esoteric and is an expansion on ideas found in his book, Mind over Matter.
For the serious student, it is only the beginning!
136 pages. Softbound.
(9) NYCAN '90-91 Convention Highlights- Two DVD Set: NYCAN (The New York And Canada Conclave Of Magicians) was an annual magic convention that alternated between New York State and Canada. Two of the best NYCAN’s were the 1990 and 1991 conventions that featured many magic stars and little known acts, which later became stars.
This two-DVD set contains almost four-hours of highlights from the conventions. You get to see and experience portions of most of the stage and close-up acts as well as lecture segments, panel discussions, tributes, interviews, and much more.
NYCAN 1990 Convention Highlights:
Toronto, Canada. October 4-6, 1990
David Williamson Lecture where he goes nuts while teaching some great magic.
Stewart James tribute featuring: David Ben, Trevor Hamilton, Alan Sleight, Gaetan Bloom, Max Maven, and Jay Marshall.
Jay Marshall performing his Egg Bag Routine and Lefty.
Gary Kurtz performing his cigarette act and Jumbo coin routine.
Performers, lecturers, speakers and presenters include: David Ben, Gaetan Bloom, John Carney, James Cielen, Paul Diamond, Tommy Edwards, Jeff Evanson & Tessa, Trevor Hamilton, Rudy Hunter, Stewart James, Gary Kurtz, Jay Marshall, Max Maven, David Merry, Scott Norman, Richard Osterlind, Glenn Ottaway, David Peck, Michael Ross, Howie Schwarzman, Allan Slaight, Johnny Toronto, Michael Weber, and David Williamson.
NYCAN 1991 Convention Highlights:
Rochester, New York October 31-November 2, 1991
Marie Blood, Houdini’s niece, interview and memorabilia.
Houdini Séance with Sidney Radner, Henry Mueller, Morris N. Young, and Marie Blood.
Bob King, Marc DeSouza, Bob Olson, Bob Bengel lecture highlights.
A panel discussion about the "Business of Corporate Magic" with Dick Gustafson, Marc DeSouza, Bob Bengel, Gene Anderson and Ron Zollweg.
Performers, lecturers, speakers and presenters include: Gene Anderson, Thom Barnett, Bob Bengel, Marie Blood, John Cornelius, Daryl, Marc DeSouza, Bob Follmer, Bill Gormont, The Gustafsons, Bob King, Joe Legari, Bob Little, M&Ms, Henry Mueller, Bob Olson, John Pattison, Greg Phillips, Sidney Radner, Professor Rem, George Saterial, and Morris N. Young.
(10) Magnetic Casino Chip: Have you been looking for the perfect magnetic “coin” to use with your MiniMax? Well, look for further.
This is a strong magnetic Casino Chip. It is a great accessory to use with a magnet or steel. It looks like a common Casino Chip but has a strong magnet inside. So it will attract other magnets or steel. It is a useful accessory for tricks such The Raven or Minimax.
And that’s this week’s I Sure Am Glad To Be Back Hotlist. Some great new items for you, and another chance at the 25-30 Sales Event.
As always, I thank you for finding the time to visit us, whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we love the company!