Greetings. The sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day. It really is amazing what a couple of bright, sunny days can do for the psyche. As the winter progressed and the snow piled up and the sun disappeared for weeks on end, everyone’s mood deteriorated, even mine. I know, hard to believe. But, we are all sunny and cheerful now. Even me.Monday is Valentine’s Day. Don’t forget to get a card or two, a nice box of chocolates and some flowers for your significant other. And, if you are feeling extra generous, there’s nothing that says, “I love you” like a finely printed Gift Certificate from Hank Lee’s. Everyone likes to be appreciated on Valentine’s Day. And no one likes to sleep on the couch. So, get on it. Time’s a wastin.’
This past Wednesday we received the sad news that our good friend Pavel had passed away. A fine performer and a truly creative inventor. He will be missed.All kinds of good stuff happening on the magic scene this week. First off, we have added 12 new titles to our Streaming Video category. If you haven’t tried this out yet, I only have one thing to say. Why not? With Streaming Video, you can download almost 200 different titles and watch them right on your computer. No waiting for them to be delivered by the postman. In just a wink and a blink, you will be watching high quality video. To get all the information on Streaming Video, Click Here:
On Tuesday, the 15th, we will begin shipping the Mother Of All Book Tests 2.0. The buzz has been hot and heavy on this one. People have been waiting patiently for it to be released, and Tuesday is the day. If you do mentalism of any kind, you should really get all the details and then order one for yourself! Here’s the link to download the full brochure on this amazing item:www.hanklee.org/moab2brochure.pdf
Once you have read all about it, place your order and we’ll send yours off!
VALENTINE’S DAY SALES EVENT: We love you all. And, there is no better way to show our love than by giving you a nice gift! For the next 96 hours, from the very moment you receive this email until Monday, February, 14th at midnight, everything (well, almost everything) is on sale at 30% off the retail price. All you need to do is enter the special code VALENTINESDAY in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 30% from your order total. If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to firstname.lastname@example.org make sure and mention the special code so you can save a huge 30%!
• The minimum order to use the 30% off discount is $30.00.
• The 30% is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the 30% is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• We cannot combine offers.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Joe Porper items, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, Johnson Products items, theory11 items, MagicSmith items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons and Reward Points may not be used as part of this sales event.
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code VALENTINESDAY in the Discount Coupon Box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale positively ends Monday, February 14th at midnight, Eastern Time.
Now, here is this week's Hotlist!
Stick a single sticky note onto a card or card case, scribble something on the sticky note and the scribble instantly and visibly transforms into a spectator's name, or the name of a card or any prepared image that you like! The stunned spectator immediately peels off and examines the transformed sticky note. And yes, they can even wear it as a magical name tag
You can also tear up the sticky note, stick the pieces onto the card or case, and the torn pieces visibly and instantly restore! And yes, your spectator can always peel off, examine and keep the transformed sticky note.
And for a through-the-roof X-Tension bonus, Alex teaches how to make his incredible Popcorn Cards. Cut the deck into four face-down stacks, wait a few seconds and, without touching anything, cards suddenly pop off the packets like popcorn, leap into the air, flip over face up, then land back onto the packets to produce four face-up Kings or Jacks!
It's all almost too much to believe. Just watch the demo and make your plans to perform the world's first fully automated four-of-a kind finale'!
Comes complete with pad of sticky notes, sticky note gimmick, supplies to make your own and supplies to make Popcorn Cards.
(2) Spectacular: The latest coin effect from Johnny Wong, Spectacular comes with two very special coins, one being a US Half Dollar, the other a brass Chinese Coin.
Also included is an instructional DVD, which contains a variety of illusions such as coin penetrations and transpositions.
Here are some spectacular effects you can perform with this coin set:
* Chinese Coin thru glass table
* Coin thru glass cup
* Quick-Thru any glass
* Chinese Coin through a spectator’s hand
* Unique two coin transposition
* Produce three Chinese coins, then change into a Half Dollar
* Three Coins fly into glass cup
This is a gimmick that will certainly spark your magical imagination!
Also available in Eisenhower Dollar: $145.00
(3) Topsy Turvey Soda Bottles: They’ll love this one, because it happens right in their own hands! Show two real, full soda bottles and two tubes with modern graphics. A spectator uses one of the bottle-tube sets and you use the other. Both tubes are placed over the bottles. Now, the spectator must do exactly what you do. Tip the bottles back and forth, then forth and back. Now lift the tubes. Your bottle is exactly right side up. But, his is upside down! How can that be? Try it again. Again, he does exactly what you do. And, again, his is upside down and yours is right side up! On the last try, his bottle finally matches yours! Hooray! At the end, you can even produce a third bottle, which you can give your helper as a souvenir!
* These Topsy Turvey Bottles use a different method than the old Tricky Bottles, but are just as easy to handle and perform.
* Uses standard 500ml soda bottles, available worldwide
* The bottles are plastic, so they won’t break if accidentally dropped.
* Quality manufactured in the USA
(4) Bullet Party DVD Set – John Bannon:
Become a card-carrying member of the Bullet Party.
John Bannon, internationally-renowned magic guru, is back, unleashing two new discs crammed with fantastic material.
An unabashed packet trick aficionado, Bannon presents two new red-hot fractal blockbusters, Bullet Party and Mega 'Wave. Simple to do. Multiple climaxes. And powerful magic. You get all the necessary cards (13 USPCC printed pasteboards).
If two sophisticated "fractal" packet tricks are not enough, Bannon brings on another eleven jaw-dropping card tricks (and one brilliant in-the-hands false cut). All with regular cards. All virtually impromptu. All with no difficult moves.
Poker Pairadox Redux
Fractal Re-Call (Revised)
Crocodile False Cut
Fat City Revisited
Drop Target Aces
Four Shadow Aces
Big Fat Bluff Aces
(5) I Scream Ice Cream – Supreme Magic: Back in the day, when Supreme Magic ruled the kidshow world, we were their #1 distributor in the USA. Edwin Hooper would send magic by the container load, and we would sell it to our customers as well as to other dealers. When Supreme Magic closed, we were left with a considerable amount of their fine products. Rather than sell it off at once, we put it in the “Supreme Vault,” waiting for the right time to sell.
That time is now! Slowly, we are going to sell our Supreme Collectables. Starting with I Scream Ice Cream.
One of the best “turn it around” tricks ever conceived. Every kid knows the little ditty, “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.” And, scream they will!
Bring out a large cardboard cutout of a vanilla ice cream cone. The cone is 11 inches tall and six inches across., nicely silk screened in three colors.
Explain to the kids that you will try and change the flavor from vanilla to strawberry, by magic!
Get the kids to scream for ice cream. As they do, you slip the cone behind your back, and when you bring it out it has changed to strawberry!
The kids are quick to tell you that all you did was turn it around. Huh? What?
Offer to do it again.
Again, they scream for ice cream, you slide the cone behind your back and when you bring it out, it has changed back to vanilla!
By now, the kids are screaming their brains out!
They know exactly what you are doing. Or so they think!
One more time. This time, the cone goes behind your back and when you bring it out it has changed to strawberry/vanilla swirl! Their little jaw will drop!
Still, they want you to turn it around. They want to see the other side. Oh, yes. Oh, yes. They are now running, not walking, down the garden path. And, you are just waiting to turn on the sprinklers!
After a sufficient amount of yelling and screaming and turning the cone this way and that but never around, you do it. You turn the cone around!
And on the back is a picture of a very silly looking clown! Shazam!
Again, these are original Supreme items, brand new in the package. There are just a few of these available, so act quickly!
(6) Signed – Mariano Goni: The most straightforward signed coin transposition between you and two spectators! The most powerful and memorable magic happens in the hands of the audience.
A Half Dollar is examined or borrowed and initialed on each side by two spectators.
One spectator holds a purse from the start, the other is given the signed coin and closes the hand. He sees the signed coin in his hand before closing it.
At that moment, the magic begins!
Show a Quarter, then make it transpose with the signed coin! The spectator opens his hand. He has the quarter, and you have the signed coin.
But that's not all!
You point to the second spectator holding the purse, and, making a gesture, the signed coin vanishes from your hand only to reappear inside the purse. The spectator himself removes the coin and checks the initials on both sides!
Carry it in you pocket.
Coin can end up in your wallet, or an envelope.
Spectator can keep the coin as a souvenir.
Featuring the Gravity Switch by Mariano Goni.
Easy to master.
Complete with US coins.
Standing or sitting, two routines explained.
Bonus: "Laser Trip", where the signed coin travels from a laser beam to a wall. A must see!
Comes complete with custom gimmicks engineered by the Tango Magic.
Tango Magic's Silver Line is composed of gimmicked coins made from high quality silver coins.
Effect: The magician shows two coins, places them on the table and puts a glass (brim upwards) on the coins. Incredibly one of the coins appears inside the glass.
Tango Magic produces some of the highest quality gimmicked coins in the world. As a bonus to thank you for your purchase, Tango has included in this package Tangopedia, a four-hour instructional DVD. This DVD includes basic instructions for more than 50 gimmick coin routines using a variety of their specialty coins such as Expanded Shell-Coins, Copper/Silver/Brass, Scotch and Soda, Pen Through Coin, Folding Coins, Okito Boxes, and more. $200.00 (20.452)
(8) Flipper Coin Pro Gravity – Walking Liberty Half – Tango Silver Line:
Tango Magic's Silver Line is composed of gimmicked coins made from high quality silver coins.
The magician shows two coins in his left hand, takes one of the coins with his right hand and closes the right hand. When he opens the right hand the coins have disappeared.
9) Ultimate Guide To the Billiard Balls – Three DVD Set – Levent: This monumental three-DVD set will teach you the Multiplying Billiard Ball routines of the greats of magic, including Cardini, Roy Benson, Ade Duval and Paul Potassy.
In these videos, Levent gives you step-by-step instructions for all the moves and techniques you need to know in order to perform this stage magic effect. The instructions range from the most simple and basic moves, to complex and difficult sleights. Levent also shares never-before revealed secrets.
Included is Levent’s complete re-creation and explanation of Cardini’s entire eight-billiard ball routine and the six-ball routine of Roy Benson. These explanations are a master class on manipulation as practiced by the best exponents of the art.
Over five hours of video!
(10) Expanded Shell – Walking Liberty Half – Tango Silver Line: Tango Magic's Silver Line is composed of gimmicked coins made from high quality silver coins.
A coin passes through a note/bill borrowed from a member of the audience.
(11) Sixty Great Magic Posters – Book And DVD: Based on poster art from the great age of stage magicians, this unique collection presents images of Harry Houdini and other prominent illusionists. Full-color illustrations depict conjurers performing acts of hypnotism, levitation, and other mystifying feats. Posters can be used in arts and crafts projects, printed at poster size, and played as a slide show on a computer or DVD player. $20.00 (BK01758)
(12) Tango Ultimate Coin – Silver Line: The Tango Ultimate Coin Silver Line is the result of many years of hard work and professional experience. This gaffed coin allows you to do hundreds of magic effects. It will soon become a classic that will be found in every magician’s pocket.
The set includes a gaffed coin and an instructional DVD.
In this DVD you will learn different effects such as: Matrix, 3 Fly, Coin Thru Glass, Coin Thru Deck, Coin Across, Coin Transposition, plus many more ideas and techniques that will give you the tools to create your own magic tricks.
(13) Hippety Hop Rabbits – Magnetic: These are the finest Hippety Hop Rabbits we have seen.
Two 14” tall cut-outs of a white rabbit and a black rabbit are shown. You place a cover over each bunny. The trick is for the white rabbit and the black rabbit to change places. So, you make them change! But, wait, you just turned the covers around!! So, you offer to do it again. And again you just turn the covers around! Obviously the white rabbit is black on the other side and vice-versa. The kids waste no time in telling you that you're just turning them around!! So, in an effort to calm them down, you finally turn the rabbits around and Oh, no! The back of one rabbit is red and the back of the other is blue!
This is undoubtedly the best made version of this classic kids' trick on the market today. The rabbits are made from full-dyed, washable plastic material that is directly screen printed, so no film that can become detached. Tastefully decorated tubes.
The rabbits automatically change, no matter where you touch the tube, thanks to the clever magnetic principle.
A true professional prop.
Comes complete with rabbits, covers, and complete instructions.
(14) Copper/Silver Coin – Walking Liberty – Tango Silver Line: Tango Magic's Silver Line is composed of gimmicked coins made from high quality silver coins.
Effect: The magician shows two coins, a Half Dollar and an English Penny. He places both coins under a handkerchief. He then takes the Half Dollar and places it on top of the handkerchief, raises the handkerchief slightly to show the English Penny, but incredibly now there is a Half Dollar under the handkerchief and the English Penny on top of the handkerchief.
And that’s this week’s Hotlist. Looking it over, I am amazed at how many new coin effects are on the list. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many new coin items in one week! So, if you are a coin magic guy, this is the week for you!
As always, I want to personally thank you for finding the time to visit with us. Whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford, we do love the company!