Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory, where we are just about finished building the ark. Man, oh, man did it rain here! Three solid days of torrential rain. Honestly, I don’t think I have ever seen rain like this! It looked like we would escape any damage, and then it didn’t. At the warehouse, we have water in the basement. Luckily we have sump pumps that take care of the water. At home, where we never get water in the basement, we got water. Not a ton. Enough to completely soak the carpet and leave some small puddles. Enough to call Serve-Pro and have them come out with their super-suckers and super-fans and deal with the water. Both Bonnie and I said the same thing, “It could have been a lot worse!”
Now the sun is shining and the temperature is in the mid 60s. And, that’s one of the most alluring aspects of living in New England. One day torrential rain, the next bright sunshine. Go figure.
For the next two weeks, we are going to be busier than busy getting ready for this year’s Conclave. The Program Book is finished and on it’s way to the printer. The full-color poster, which every Conclaver receives, is done and heading for the printer this week. No further changes in the acts, thank goodness! On Monday, I will start to distribute the show tickets, and do my very best to make everyone happy. I can do it, I know I can. We are working hard on getting all of the merchandise together for our bigger than life booth. It will be a dandy, as always! And, we are still taking registrations, every day. There are still great seats available, so head over to www.magicfact.com, click on the Conclave Button and register! We will see you there.
While I would love to stay and chat, I really do have Conclave work to get done. So, I will leave you with this week’s excitement!
FREE SHIPPING EXTENDED: Until Friday, the 26th of March at midnight, we are offering free ground shipping on any order over $30.00 to anywhere in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii! Just enter the special code SHIPMEFREE in the Discount Coupon Box at the bottom of the first page of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com. We will happily pick up the ground shipping charges on your order. Of course, if you want your order sent Fedex Three Day (Express Saver), Second Day or Next Day, you will just have to pay the difference.
Note: Your email confirmation from our online system will still list the shipping as free, but we will charge the difference when we ship your order.
Overseas customers will save as well! We will pay one-half of the Air Post shipping charges on your orders until the 26th of March! Just remember to enter the special code SHIPMEFREE in the Discount Coupon Box, or let the person taking your phone order know when you place your order at 800 874 7400.
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist
(1) Pro-Flite – Nicholas Einhorn & Bob Swadling:
• Borrow any ring.
• Make it disappear.
• It instantly and safely reappears amongst your keys!
• Within minutes of watching the instructional DVD you will be adding Pro-Flite to your keys.
• Be ready to perform an astonishing classic of magic anytime, anywhere.
• No more fear of rings 'flying off'.
• No reels, springs, magnets, fishing line or bulky key fobs.
• No set up.
• Allows the borrowed ring to appear among your keys while a spectator holds them.
• Spectator can freely handle the gimmick.
• Includes a bonus, high caliber Ring-on-String routine. (String included).
• A practical 'Ring Flight' for real world, daily use.
Designed by two of the top creators in British magic, Bob Swadling (Creator of The Flipper Coin) and Nicholas Einhorn (F.I.S.M award winner & creator of Spooked - The Ultimate Haunted Deck).
Pro-Flite is simply one of the most practical, reliable and astonishing versions of 'Ring Flight' currently available. $45.00 (10.1565)
(2) Transporter – Joshua Jay: Joshua Jay's Wonder Wallet Series continues. Transporter has arrived!
Explain to your audience that a magician is obligated to perform whenever called upon. In fact, it's part of the rules. Show your magic association membership card which clearly states this obligation is real. The membership card is placed back in your wallet and a deck of cards is introduced.
A spectator selects any card and signs their name to the face. The card is openly cut into the center of the deck and the cards are handed to a spectator.
The spectator spreads the cards and in the middle they now see your membership card! You remove the card and explain, "If my card is in the deck, I guess that means your card must be in my...."
Open your wallet and remove a playing card from within - the spectator's signed selection!
• No Card Control
• No Palming
• Use Any Wallet
• Use Any Card
• ...and Yes, It's Signed!
Includes custom manufactured gimmicks for use with a standard Bicycle deck and a detailed instructional DVD. $30.00 (30.1475)
(3) Twisted Blizzard: The hit of the 2010 Blackpool convention.
If you are looking for direct, powerful, visual magic then look no further. Twisted Blizzard is for you.
Imagine asking a spectator to simply name any card in the deck.
You then spread the deck and there is only one card in the entire deck, the named card. Every other card is blank.
No forcing, No special wording, No deck switches, no Rough and Smooth, No double-back cards, No double face cards.
Twisted Blizzard is a giant leap forward in card magic. This reputation building effect can be learned in just 10 minutes. The custom printed Bicycle deck performs 95% of the work for you.
Twisted Blizzard comes with a step-by-step training DVD.
Bonues Effect: White Trash, one of the greatest Out Of This World routines ever. Three piles are decided by the spectators. A red pile, a black pile and a not-sure pile. The piles turn out to be all Red, all Black and the not sure pile are all Blank. $25.00 (30.1476)
(4) Black Water Clear Water: Hands free Black Water Clear Water! Magically turn clear water black with a swirl of your Sharpie marker, then erase the water clear again all with the same marker! It's amazing! It's visual! It's a real-life special effect!
The Black Water Clear Water Chemical Dispenser makes Sands of the Desert easier than ever! Now you can do all the "dirty work" with a self-contained delivery system, cleverly disguised as a Sharpie Permanent Marker, plus you have a whole new world of patter possibilities!
• Includes the chemicals ready to go!
• Works with Sands or is amazing by itself!
• Black Water Clear Water just a wave of the pen!
The Black Water Clear Water Chemical Dispenser is a Sharpie Marker retrofit that holds the two included chemicals required to turn water a dark creepy black and then clear again. The third chemical, also included, is already in the water before you begin. Just touch the pen to the water and stir!
Quality you can see! Unlike other products on the market, Black Water Clear Water brand chemicals, when properly mixed, will not leave the water with a yellow cast after you're done with the trick. Through a patented, proprietary process, these chemicals are specially engineered to reduce yellowing!
The Black Water Clear Water Chemical Dispenser doesn't include Sands of the Desert, but all of the chemicals you need to turn 15-20 gallons of water black and then clear again are included! $49.95
WARNING! MUST BE AT LEAST 18 TO ORDER! This product includes chemicals and as such take notice of all warnings on the out side of package.
(5) Pool Ball Miracles - Craig Petty:
Pool Ball Miracles is more than just a DVD. It’s a complete set that will enable you to perform miracles with pool balls. Everything you need has been included inside:
A DVD with eight full routines, an ebook with over 25 routines, a specially gimmicked card, a gimmick which will allow a pool ball to penetrate through a table and four pool balls which will enable you to perform all the routines on the DVD and in the book.
Ball Through Table: Learn how to visibly push a solid ball through a solid table. This trick is worth the price of the set alone.
Red Three, Corner Pocket: Make a pool ball appear from nowhere and use it to find the spectators selected card. The pool ball is literally pushed through the pack and squashed onto the back of their chosen card.
Pool Ball Matrix: The classic matrix performed by drawing pool balls on the back of a business card. As a kicker, one of the balls becomes real and literally pops off the card.
Quick Shot Change: Ink is visibly shaken off a playing card causing the card to change into the spectator's selected card.
Pool Ball Transposition: Two pool balls change places while held by the spectator. $44.50 (DVD01111)
(6) Keymaster - Craig Petty:
Two keys are shown to the spectator
Spectator holds onto one of the keys
The hole in your key is visibly removed!
Spectator discovers two holes in their key!
Spectator now holds onto your blank key.
You visibly remove one of the holes from your key.
Spectator finds a hole in the shaft of their key.
Everything can be examined!
Precision made keys and instructional DVD supplied.
Keymaster also comes with the additional Gatekeeper routine using only one key. $44.50 (10.1566)
(7) Cansposed – Carl Leek: Imagine asking a spectator to choose any drink and, no matter what they have chosen, you crack open a sealed can and pour out their drink. The single can has been in full view throughout. This modern day version of the Magic Kettle will blow your audience away. Any drink chosen can appear in the can! Using an everyday item, this incredible effect will be remembered by your spectators for a long time to come. Gimmick and instructional DVD. $37.50 (60.1658)$34.50 (60.1658)
(8) Tin Opener: From the creative mind of Mark Southworth comes the brand new effect, Tin Opener. Tried and tested in front of live audiences, Tin Opener can be used to add an unexpected climax to any of your working card routines. A card is selected by a spectator and is signed on the face. The card is returned to the deck openly and fairly. From here the magician proceeds to perform their favorite card routine. Tin Opener comes into action when the card apparently vanishes. The magician points the attention of the spectator to the mint tin that has been in view during the whole performance. The magician slowly picks up the tin and opens it to show that there is a folded up card inside.
The card is tipped out of the tin and is seen on an open palm. Slowly the magician or the spectator unfolds the card and unbelievably it is seen to be the spectator’s chosen card with the signature upon it. $49.95 (30.1478)
(9) Odd Quad: Four Aces are shown and one is selected by a spectator. The chosen Ace is shown to be "odd" because it's the only RED backed card in the BLUE backed packet! A different Ace is chosen and this second selection now becomes the new "odd" card because it's the only BLUE backed card backed card in the RED backed packet! The first "odd" card has a RED back and the second "odd" card has a BLUE back. The two remaining cards also prove to be "odd" because their backs are YELLOW and GREEN! All four Aces have different colored backs! Everything can be examined and you are instantly reset.
Odd Quad comes complete with five poker sized cards printed by the U.S. Playing Card Company (the extra card is for a more advanced handling), detailed written instructions including an advanced handling and a performance/explanation DVD which includes a live performance at the Magic Castle. Wow! $12.95 (30.1477)
And that’s this week’s How Come All The Tricks Are Green? It’s St. Patrick’s Day Isn’t It? Hotlist. Truly the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
As always, we thank you for taking time away from your green beer to spend with us either online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we love the company!