Greetings from all of us here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. Remember last week when I told you about the water in our basement? Remember how I said it was under control? Well, that is not exactly the case. As of today, we have removed the wall-to-wall carpeting and the pad below. Both were so wet and stained from the incoming water that there was no way to save them. The water, which was in the carpeting, found its way into the walls, so we now need to do some sheet rock and plaster work. Right now, I have fans and dehumidifiers running to dry the basement out as much as possible before the next step. Water? Not my friend. Water Magic, that’s different. You should check out Jim Kleefeld’s Water Magic CD. Great for your upcoming summer shows. What a segue!
Last weekend, we left the rain and flooding behind and took a quick trip to Oberlin College. Lucas, the Singing Son, had the lead in Candide, The Opera. We saw the show Friday night and then again on Sunday afternoon. I can only tell you that it was a really amazing production. The orchestra was phenomenal. The singers spectacular. Of course, we are very partial to Lucas’ singing, but that goes without saying.
As you probably know by now, the Conclave is two weeks away. There’s not much more I can say than I hope you will register and hope you will be with us. The hotel is ready, and looking great. The acts are all lined up. And, we would love to see you there. You can still register online here:
This past week, another shipment of Ultracinese arrived, and were are getting very close to being caught up on back orders. If you have one on order, you will not be waiting much longer! For those of you who have already received yours, don’t you think it’s one of the coolest items you have ever purchased?
That’s it from here, now let’s take a look at this week’s excitement.
FREE SHIPPING EXTENDED AGAIN: Until Friday, the 2nd of April at midnight, we are offering free ground shipping on any order over $30.00 to anywhere in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii! Just enter the special code SHIPMEFREE in the Discount Coupon Box at the bottom of the first page of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com. We will happily pick up the ground shipping charges on your order. Of course, if you want your order sent Fedex Three Day (Express Saver), Second Day or Next Day, you will just have to pay the difference.
Note: Your email confirmation from our online system will still list the shipping as free, but we will charge the difference when we ship your order.
Overseas customers will save as well! We will pay one-half of the Air Post shipping charges on your orders until the 2nd of April! Just remember to enter the special code SHIPMEFREE in the Discount Coupon Box, or let the person taking your phone order know when you place your order at 800 874 7400.
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist
(1) Contractor DVD & Coins – Russell Leeds: One man. Two Gimmicked Coins. Three Great Routines.
An underground magician known only as Russell Leeds is hired by a covert organization, to fry spectators with his amazing coin magic.
On his journey he will teach you his three incredible one-coin routines, ready for you to add to your own arsenal of killer coin magic. Comes complete with two gimmicked coins!
Contractor: A half dollar shrinks to the size of a pin head and then suddenly transforms to its full size again. But it doesn't stop there, as the coin is seen to morph in mid-air, contracting and expanding in a flurry of magical moments. This eye-catching routine also features Russell's brand new utility move 'Easy Finch Switch'.
Sniper: Imagine pushing your finger visibly through a coin with pinpoint accuracy. Now imagine repeating the effect to the spectator’s total amazement, until finally the coin is even penetrated by their own finger!
Assasin: A multi phase coin through hand routine with the incredible kicker finish of the coin penetrating up through the spectator's own hand.
Contractor comes complete with two gimmicked coins and a DVD featuring street and studio performances and in depth explanations with Russell Leeds and Craig Petty. $39.95 (20.439)
(2) Pulp Fiction – Jay Sankey: One of the most incredible card revelations I have ever seen! The deck itself actually reveals the selected card or cards. It is the kind of clever magic you would expect from Jay Sankey.
After showing a pack of cards riddled with holes, have a card selected. Then, with just a shake of your hand, the identity of the card is revealed in a visually shocking manner!
• Reveal the Two of Diamonds and then the Ace of Hearts!
• The Pulp Fiction pack is 100% self-contained. There's nothing to switch-in. Nothing to switch-out. And absolutely nothing to hide.
• The entire pack can be closely examined before and after the amazing effects.
• Only basic sleight of hand is required.
• The ingenious Pulp Fiction deck does most of the 'work' for you!
• Resets in five seconds!
• You can immediately repeat the effect with a different selection!
• Use Jay's 'J.D. Warm-Up' idea with the pack to reveal a third selection.
• Learn the 'Slow Motion Reveal,' the 'Card Case Reveal,' the 'In The Spectator's Hands' Reveal and the 'Flash Reveal.'
• Jay teaches you his 'Stand-Up Performance' handling so you can perform the effect for larger audiences.
• The Pulp Fiction DVD also includes two lethal bonus effects! The startling ‘Punched Transpo' routine and Jay's extremely dramatic ‘Blade Runner.’
• The Pulp Fiction pack features international symbols that will astound audiences all over the world!
(3) Dove-Let: The not-so-distant cousin of the smash hit item, Dove Wand.
This is a really funny visual effect.
Take a wallet out of your pocket.
Open the wallet, and instantly a cute dove appears!
Comes with special wallet and even more special rubber dove. The dove is different than the dove that comes with Dove Wand. It is made of latex rubber and opens really quickly.
Fill the wallet with your own money and credit cards, etc.
Easy to do and so funny!
(4) Jumbo Card Castle: The castle height measures nearly 3 feet tall. Constructed with Jumbo Sized Bicycle Cards and double strength adhesive for long term usage. Great stage presence due to its size. Jumbo Card performers should not be without this castle during their routines. Add a new dimension! $75.00 (60.1659)
(5) More Banding Around - Russell Leeds: Russell Leeds is back with 'More Banding Around,' a follow up to his original best seller, 'Banding Around.' This DVD shows you how to incorporate simple props into your rubber band magic and take it to the next level
Three: Three bands are produced one at a time and then vanish completely!
Legacy: The classic two in the hand and one in the pocket routine with a great kicker ending.
Stuck: A signed sticker jumps from band to band, vanishes and re-appears in the card case.
Diffuse: An incredible penetration of a band through a pen.
Flame: A band turns into a match, which then causes a whole box of matches to change into bands!
Imagine: An incredible bare handed production of a rubber band.
Torn: A band is snapped and then visually restored.
Genesis: 2:24: Two bands fuse into one. The band then passes through your hand before it is split back into two whole bands again.
The Leeds Ring Holdout: A new concept in rubber band magic.
(6) Ultimate Marked Deck Companion Book: The Ultimate Marked Deck is the marked deck you have been dreaming about!
* Printed in Bicycle Poker Size cards by the US Playing Card Company.
* Identify any card without seeing its face.
* Read the identifiers of the cards directly without having to mark the card yourself.
* No codes. No symbols to interpret. No marking system to learn.
* Hand out the deck without fear of detection.
* Instant location and direct reading of the marks.
* Read the marks from across the room!
All the qualities of the ideal marked deck at long last brought together in the Ultimate Marked Deck.
This book contains 150 pages of routines using the incredible Ultimate Marked Deck! If you already own the deck, the book will give you tons of great ideas. If you don’t already own the deck, you should buy one and then get the book!
(7) Probe: In stock for immediate shipment! After more than 5 years of underground sales to a select group of Mentalists and Magicians, Rhinesense Mk 4, Probe is finally available to you.
Mentalism doesn't get much more direct than this. The spectator is handed a packet of ESP cards. They take any one and place it between their hands whilst your back is turned; the remaining cards are placed out of sight in their pocket.
When you turn around you, know instantly, electronically and every time, which one they have.
• No Forcing, No Fishing, No Set-Up, No Practice, No Hassle.
• You touch nothing before, during or after.
• Strap on like a watch and you are ready,in seconds.
• Instantly repeatable; no reset.
• Up to 12 different items can be identified.
• Professional, close-up and stage routines included.
• Many accessories available including custom printed cards.
Broadcast quality DVD with almost 90 minutes of detailed instruction on how to use Probe with Cards, Words, Pictures, Coins, Bills, Nuts, Matches, Candy, Envelopes, Food and many other items. Dozens of tips and ideas sent in by Probe users from all over the world.
Probe has been used on TV by professional mentalists in 9 countries.
Do not confuse Probe with crude consumer electronics converted for magic use. Probe is built ground-up by surveillance electronics expert and mentalist Dave Everett.
Routines and ideas from Sean Taylor, Richard Paddon, Edward De'Ath, Wayne Rodgers, John Archer and more. $500.00 (40.712)
(8) Probe Refills: For those who already own Probe and need some replacements cards or sensor discs, we have them. Blank Cards, ESP Cards, Sensor Discs. Ranging in price for $50.00 a set to $100.00 a set. Check them out here:
And that’s this week’s short but incredibly sweet Hotlist. Take some time and check out the new goodies. And, as long as you’re online, why not take a browser through our Online Catalog. Only 7000 more items to see!
As always, we appreciate your taking time out to visit with us, whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we love the company!