Hello again folks, Elf-descendant Steve here. We are wrapping up a busy week at the Magic Factory. Many of you took advantage of our “Buy One Get One” promotion. It’s always a very popular event. As more and more magic inventors/creators/clever people stipulate a “No Discount” policy on their items, the “Buy One Get One” (I refuse to call it “BOGO”…sorry) is a great way to pair up a non-discountable item with a discountable item and essentially save on “both” items. Keep that in mind for when we run this promotion again! Hint: this week!
I was very happy with the response to the David Berglas Lecture Notes Package that we advertised a couple of weeks ago. I’m a fan and apparently a bunch of our customers are as well. There are a few sets left and they are terrific!
Also, Halloween is almost upon us. Check out our Halloween section for lots of creepy, fun magic for the season.
On an unrelated note, I’ll be performing in Los Angeles in a few weeks and plan on stopping by the Magic Castle for a visit. If you should be visiting the Castle the second week of October and see a guy trying desperately, for hours, to stump Irma the invisible pianist, please stop by and say hello. There’s no way she’s familiar with the Justin Bieber oeuvre, right?
Thanks for listening, and now let’s take a peek at this week’s excitement!
BUY ONE GET ONE AT 70%, 65% or 60% OFF SALES EVENT: It’s our classic Buy One Get One event, but with a twist. The sooner you order, the more you will save. Starting today, Friday, September 21st, you will get 70% off the second item. That’s right, 70% off! At 8:00 on Saturday morning, we will drop it down to 65% off. Still a fabulous deal! On Sunday morning, we will lower it to 60% off the second item. A great deal, still! We will hold the 60% off the second item until Monday, September 24th at midnight. How does it work? Simple, really. For every item you buy, you get the second item at the stated discount. Starting at a full 70% off. So, if you buy a Flying Box for $1300.00 and a Super Chameleon Power for $105.00, you will get the Super Chameleon Power for well below wholesale! What a deal! It even works with non-discountable items. Just make sure the non-discountable item is equal to or the higher priced of the pair. If you buy more than two items (and, we thank you), we will pair them up so you get the best deal!
The rules are also simple. We deduct the stated discount from the lower priced of the two items. You can buy as many items as you want; we will do the math so you save the most! There are a few items that are not included in this promotion. Very few. If you order one of those items, we will let you know before we process your order.
Note: Since this is a somewhat complicated sale, the online system will not do the math. Aron, a genuine college graduate elf, will do it here before we process your order. Your email confirmation will show the full price for each item, but we will figure the discounts before your order is shipped, and reimburse your credit card.
In order to take advantage of this outrageous sale, you must put the words BUY ONE GET ONE in the Customer Notes Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com. If you are calling your order in to our toll free number at 800 874 7400, give the order person the special code. If you are FAXing your order to 781 395 2034 or emailing it to email@example.com, just remember to include the special code, BUY ONE GET ONE and you will get the biggest discount ever! So, hop to it and save some serious dough!
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
(1) Flash Thumbtip – Marc Antoine: The Flash Thumbtip is a unique gimmick. Truly thousands of applications - limited only by one's imagination. Professional quality device using state-of-the-art electronics - you will be impressed! Each charge will provide up to 100 flashes! Charge on any USB port Flash is totally self-contained. One-Year manufacturer warranty $99.99 (60.1873) Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(2) Woodyland – 4 DVD Set – Woody Aragon: Woody Aragón has a remarkable mind. He creates self-working miracles with cards. Routines that are baffling, entertaining and award-winning. For the past few years Woody Aragon has been gaining a huge reputation through his competition winning performances throughout Europe. Now his astounding material is fully explained on this four DVD box set. Disc One: Features a performance of his entire act at the exclusive Lagrimas Hotel in Coimbra. The show contains Woody classics of magic: Blessed Poker, Oil & Water, Follow The Leader, Divination Ring, his incredible Spelling Routine, the award winning Bumblebees and many more. On these DVDs Woody explains every routine and explains the construction of the show. Disc Two: Concentrates on Interactive and Semi-Automatic magic. This includes The Other Half, Man with Three Hands, Australian Poker, The Impossible Sum, Weighing the Cards and Woody's stunning self-working version of ACAAN. If you are looking for a self-working miracle, this is it. Disc three: Details routines using some sleight of hand. Includes Progressive Order, Torn Corner Ambitious Card, Gabi's Switch, Covered False Shuffle, Dorset and Triumph. Disc Four: Is a treatise on Woody's work with stacked decks. Packed with powerful material including Si Stebbins, Si Senor, Si Fry, The Mentalist, and his prize winning Spelling Routine, a routine that will stagger you. Woody Aragón is one of Spain's finest brains. His magic is clever, semi-automatic and generates maximum impact. You will not believe what Woody is able to achieve with clever thinking, subtlety and a great plot. These are entertaining and mystifying routines to include in your professional work. Also featured on the DVDs is an exclusive interview with Woody where he discusses his life, work and inspirations. Woodyland is an English language DVD, subtitled in four languages: English, Spanish, French and Japanese. Shot in HD in Portugal by Luis de Matos Productions. $150.00 (DVD01371) Note: This is a non-discountable item. What the greatest are saying:
"My greatest joy with Woody's magic is his contagious enthusiasm when performing and the genius of his explanations." - JUAN TAMARIZ
"I love the way Woody thinks. His magic has given the term 'Spanish Armada' a new meaning.." - STEVE BEAM
"Woody Aragon's magic is so clever, crazy and clean - the man should be required to wear a lab coat. Need a solid kick in the brain? Go see Dr. Woody!" - PIT HARTLING
(3) Jumbo X-Ray Envelope – Astor: Know exactly which ESP card the spectator has placed in the envelope. No sleight of hand Everything can be examined No marked cards or envelope No magnets or electronics An incredible clairvoyance effect Comes complete with one special black plastic envelope, five transparent plastic Jumbo ESP cards and instruction sheet. Envelope Dimensions Approximately: 7.5" x 5" ESP Card Dimensions Approximately: 7" x 4.5" $89.00 (40.853)
(4) Sponge Tennis Balls – Alan Wong: After a very long wait, these are available again! This is the most super realistic sponge item ever made by Alan Wong. The set comes with four very soft, extremely compressible, sponge tennis balls. You can produce them, vanish them, multiply them, throw them out for gags. They bounce like real tennis balls, too! Perfect for final loads under Cups and Balls – think how many you can fit in! $25.00 (60.1686)
(5) Drop ’N DVD – Michael Eaton: Mostly known for being one of the official magicians of the Orlando Magic NBA team, Michael Eaton's work has gained him notoriety in many circles. The routines and handling you will learn on this DVD have seen thousands of live performances throughout the last ten years. Michael will show you not only the technical aspect of his work but how he approaches the group(s), wins them over, and then delivers a short but memorable performance that has his audiences requesting his services again and again. Featuring: Drop'N An extremely visual penetration of a coin through a glass table. Rule of Five A clever quickie. Designed to be fast and effective. Packs small, plays big! Card Under Glass Michael's nod to a classic effect with a fun, new and exciting angle of the most crucial part of the trick! Two-Card Monte Payoff A surprising conclusion to an age-old classic. This one will have them baffled. $30.00 (DVD01370)
(6) London Playing Cards 2012: To commemorate the games taking place in London from July 27th to August 12th, House of Playing Cards has released a series of London 2012 collectable decks. The cards feature an elegant navy blue back design with a gold leaf border. The center of the back has a green garland wreath with the British Union flag inside. The tuck cases are available in gold, silver and bronze versions with foil accents. In keeping with the 2012 theme, only 1200 of each color deck was made. When laid out in sequence, the boxes connect to display "2012". Perfect as high-end display pieces in your collection, you can now take home the Bronze, Silver, and Gold! Note: The cards inside each of the 3 different tuck cases are identical, featuring the navy blue back design. This is a non-discountable item. $12.00 (30.1731)
(7) Pro Light - Marc Antoine: The most powerful Light at the fingertips you've ever seen! Professional quality device using state-of-the-art electronics - you will be impressed! Each charge will provide up to approximately 50 routines! Charge on any USB Port One-year manufacturer warranty $55.00 (60.1872) Note: This is a non-discountable item
(8) LemoNegg 2.0 – Jeremy Pei: Available again! A highly entertaining and logical presentation for the classic Bill in Lemon. A spectator is invited up on stage, to join you on an imaginary trip to the supermarket. A bill is borrowed and signed (or its serial number written down for verification later). The bill is placed into a purse, which is handed to the spectator for safekeeping. Explain that you have already made a prediction, of what you think the spectator will imagine buying. A sealed, brown grocery bag is displayed and you ask that the spectator turn away as you show the rest of the audience the predicted item. The item is seen by everyone to be an egg; it is placed back into the bag, the bag is resealed and then placed on a table where it remains in full view. The spectator turns back and you take out a set of cards, which you explain shows various items that one can readily purchase from the supermarket. As the cards are shown to the audience one after the other, it is seen that all of the cards are actually “EGG” cards! The entire audience laughs along as you name different items as each card goes by, giving the spectator the impression that it is actually a fair choice. Tell the spectator to call out “stop” when they please. They do, their apparently “fair” selection is shown to them and they are asked to guess how much this item would cost at the supermarket. They are then asked to announce the item that they have purchased, to which they reply, “LEMON.” To everyone’s surprise, they turn the card around and it shows a big yellow lemon! You immediately open the grocery bag, and out rolls a lemon! The bag is torn open and shown to be completely empty, to a round of applause. Next, you ask that the spectator deduct the cost of the lemon as mentioned earlier, from the denomination of the bill in the purse, claiming that the exact change has somehow miraculously appeared in the purse. However, when the purse is opened, it is shown to be empty! You explain that this is because the lemon that they have chosen is actually worth $50 (or whatever bill they’ve loaned you). Just as everyone thinks that this is one really expensive lemon, you suggest that it is actually the contents of the lemon that is worth that much. You proceed to cut open the lemon and inside is found the actual borrowed bill! Based on the classic Mccombical Prediction plot, Jeremy Pei’s LemoNegg routine presents one of the most surprising twists for the Bill in Lemon plot. The magical appearance of the lemon added to the bill vanishing only after the lemon appears makes the revelation of the bill that much stronger. LemoNegg has been tried and tested in front of live audiences over hundreds of performances, and is a powerful routine in Jeremy’s repertoire. This is a complete seven minute stand-up comedy routine perfect for Emcees, Comedians, Stage and Parlor acts. Here is what you receive with the LemoNegg routine: • Custom Printed laminated LemoNegg Cards (The cards use a brand new principle, no Rough & Smooth) • The Egg • Grocery Bags • The Purse • The Special Gimmick • Detailed Instructional DVD $199.95 (60.1763)
(9) In the Frame – Mark Elsdon: The frame is an ordinary, examinable picture frame. The card inside - the prediction - is the spectator's signed selection! They said it couldn't be done... they were wrong! The effect of In The Frame is as simple as it is powerful: a signed selection vanishes from the deck and proves to be the card that was on display in the picture frame the entire time. This is all accomplished with minimal sleight-of hand (no palming!) and a regular deck. No fumbling, no extraneous props, no awkward 'clicks' or any other telltale sounds. Walk up to a table with just the picture frame and a regular deck and you are good to go. Easy reset and nothing to replace In The Frame is not just another 'solution-to-a-problem' but a completely practical, commercial piece of magic and is perfect for both close-up and cabaret performance. Comes complete with the picture frame, gimmick and full instructions. $59.95 (30.1728) Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(10) Boom – Mike Valenti: ...like no other card trick you've ever seen. Imagine this: The spectator chooses a card then cuts it into the deck. While the spectator holds the deck in one hand, the magician gives the spectator a fused half stick of dynamite to hold on to. "I'll find your card before this 10 second fuse burns down," the magician boldly announces. With that, the magician lights the fuse, but instead of a ten second burn down the fuse burns in a flash followed by a large unexpected BOOM! Spectator drops the dynamite. The card has vanished! The chosen card is nowhere in the deck. But when all calms down, the spectator picks up the stick of dynamite and pokes a quivering finger through its center only to find the selected card! Suited for close-up, stand up, street magic, and stage. No sleights needed Resets in seconds Two different outcomes Simple to learn. Easy to perform Guaranteed to build suspense and get laughs 100% Safe Includes: Card gimmicks Dynamite sticks End caps Bang mechanism Tutorial DVD (English, French & Spanish) all included. BONUS EFFECT Boom 2 (Signed card) Same basic effect. Use any deck of cards! Spectator signs and seemingly shuffles their card back into the deck. This bonus effect includes a brand new card sleight designed with Boom 2 in mind but can be used in many other applications. $39.95 (30.1729)
(11) Wonder Worm – Alan Wong: The magician asks a spectator to make a selection from a small pile of playing cards. The card is returned and mixed back into the pile. The cards are then spread out face down on the table. Next, your magic worm is introduced (he doesn’t say much…), and placed on the table amongst the cards. Amazingly, he starts to move among the cards before finally stopping on top of one card. It is turned over and proves to be the selected card! Such a clever little worm. Includes Wonder Worm and instructions Note: This is a non-discountable item. $25.00 (30.1727)
And that’s this week’s Almost A Dozen Fantastic New Items Hotlist. Actually, two of them are older items that have once again become available. The most important part is that they are really terrific items! As always, we thank you, thank you, thank you for taking time out from your busy schedules to visit us here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. Whether you visit online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford,, we do love the company! Steve, Aron, Don and Bonnie