Greetings from everyone here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. We were very lucky this week as Hurricane Isaac did not cross our path. In fact, we had a little bit of non hurricane related rain, and then the weather turned absolutely gorgeous. There is definitely a hint of Fall in the air. The weather is getting to be, as we like to call it, crisp.
As I told you last week, our “big house” has sold. Now the fun begins. Bonnie says it’s is a good idea to rent a place for a year until we can decide where we’d really like to be for our “golden years.” Everyone I tell this to says what a good idea it is. And, it seems like a good idea. Until you get to the part where Bonnie schelps me hither and yon looking for a nice apartment, condo or house for rent. Not my idea of a good time. Truth is, I don’t think it’s her idea of a good time either.
This weekend is Labor Day here in the US. A big holiday to celebrate workers everywhere. I cannot say enough about the Elves here at the Magic Factory. They are simply the best. Hard working and loyal and just plain great. They deserve a day off. With pay! The nice thing about Labor Day is that even management gets the day off!
This week’s Excitement ties in perfectly with Labor Day. Just read on.
Labor Day Sales Event: We here at Hank Lee’s want to send a great big “Thank You” to those who work so hard to keep the wheels of industry turning! So, from right now until Tuesday, August 7th, at midnight, when you purchase from us at Hank Lee's, you will save money.
But, as you may have heard, the early bird gets the worm!
Starting right now, Friday, August 31st you will save 38% on your entire order, subject to the rules below. That's right, 38%!
We will reduce the discount by 1% each day after that until Tuesday, September 4th at midnight. All you need to do is enter the special code LABORDAY in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct the correct amount from your order total. You will find the Discount Coupon at the bottom of the page when you click on “View Cart.”
If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure to mention the special code so you can save!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
* The minimum order to use this discount is $35.00.
* The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
* Offers cannot be combined.
* Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Mike Caveney Books, MagicSmith, theory11 products, Johnson Products items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
* If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before shipping your order.
* Coupons, Reward Points and Promotional Gift Certificates may not be used during this sales event.
* As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code in the Discount Coupon Box, and nowhere else. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. It all ends on the 4th of September at midnight
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
(1) Paul Harris Presents Slide by De’Mon & Titanis: A signed, torn card comes to life by visibly restoring itself!
A signed card can be openly torn in half or already torn
You make one half magically cling to the other
The torn half comes to life and visibly slides across to restore itself!
The restored card is handed out for the spectator to keep
No threads or elastics.
Includes easy, no-palm handlings.
Slide a signed playing card, business card, matchbook or paper money.
Resets in seconds
Bonus Mis-Made Card
Restore the signed card into a Mis-Made impossible object, then give it away as a souvenir!
Includes the precision Mark Allen engineered Slide gimmick, DVD and 12 Mis-Made Kings. Refills available.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(2) Unreal - Bruce Bernstein - Introduction by Jon Stetson - Bruce Bernstein has spent over three decades creating, refining and developing some of the most devious feats of mentalism known to man. He's become a trusted, go-to source for many of the greatest mind readers of the last twenty years. He's collected an enviable list of endorsements from nearly every great magician and thought reader of the last thirty years. And now he's gathered together years of thought-provoking, engaging writing into a comprehensive hardbound collection that showcases his work in the finest possible light.
It's called Unreal.
This new book contains Bernstein's most baffling, amazing brainchildren. From commercial predictions (Eat at Joe's), to mind-numbing card miracles (Psych-Out, a revelatory 10 Card Poker Deal), to must-learn techniques (Bernstein Center Tear), and beyond. Unreal covers territory essential to every wonder worker's repertoire.
The book outlines mysteries with the most basic of objects: slips of paper, cards, and money, as well as inexplicable feats of thought reading: predictions, mind reading feats, psychometry, utility techniques for obtaining secret information, cold reading scripts and techniques, and more. Ten new essays compliment the tricks themselves, each written specifically for this book.
All of the miracles described in these pages are within the skill set of the average mentalist. No complicated sleight-of-hand or digital dexterity is required. That said, a healthy dose of chutzpah may be necessary in several instances.
It's all explained in a familiar, engaging style, expertly illustrated by Tony Dunn. Unreal may be the book's title, but performing the miracles it explains is most definitely within reach of everyone that reads it.
256 pages in deluxe hardcover; all material newly edited and expanded and illustrated,
(3) Captain And Coke: Scotch and Soda with a Quarter and Penny!
Captain & Coke is the ultimate modern version of Scotch & Soda! Captain & Coke is made with a US Quarter and Penny – coins that everyone is familiar with!
You can even borrow some change and then perform with your gimmick!
The custom-made Captain & Coke gimmick is precisely crafted by master machinist Roy Kueppers to exacting specifications. It also has a steel shim that will stick to a magnet.
Borrow and Give Away the Coins!
On the DVD, Kevin Reylek takes you step-by-step through the design and operation of the gimmick; he also teaches routines that can be performed by beginner or advanced magicians. There is even a variation that allows you to give away the coins at the end! The Captain & Coke gimmick works perfectly for any Scotch & Soda routine and is ideal for any venue or performing style.
Custom Machined Gimmick
Internal Steel Shim
Classic and Advanced Handlings
Coin Bend Routine
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
"The routine is easy to do and the coins are superbly made. I'm very excited about this." - David Roth
(4) Genetics – Sean Goodman: We really like this one. It’s a clever adaptation of the classic Out Of This World effect.
A fabulous effect to show to a couple! Explain that men and women think differently and like different things. To illustrate this, show some cards which have pictures of various items such as a dog, cat, iron, whip etc. and suggest that some will appeal to men and some to women.
The cards are mixed and then offered one at a time to the man and woman alternately. Any cards they don't want are discarded.
At the end, to their amazement the man's selections are turned over and they all have blue backs, and the woman's have pink backs!
You receive a set of specially produced quality cards in a plastic wallet together with an instructional DVD. The DVD runs through different handling variations of the basic plot, and also includes another great routine which has a fab kicker finale.
Plus, Sean shares his brilliant double business card peek technique which can be added to the basic Genetics routine! A truly practical peek that real workers will use immediately.
Genetics is a joy to perform. It's fun and full of audience participation. Simple to perform, immediately resets and packs a punch!
The feel good trick of the year!
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
Coming in stock very soon. Pre-order now and we’ll pay the shipping!
"The Perfect Wedding Trick!" - Wayne Fox
(5) Magic Ice Cubes: The performer places a crystal clear glass or bowl of water on the table. With sleeves rolled up and both hands shown empty, the performer reaches into the water and pulls out his hand in a closed fist. As he opens his hand, an ice cube appears! Again the performer shows his hand empty reaches into the water and closes his hand and produces a second ice cube! A third time he reaches in, this time producing a handful of ice! This is an extremely visual effect!
Each package contains approx. 80 ice cubes, and full instructions.
(6) Kartis Bill Change 2.0: Kartis, one of the most renowned Argentinean magicians, is known as The Master of Masters. He gave the magic community The Kartis Bill Change. Now he gives you the next generation, Kartis Bill Change 2.0, which is just as visual but even more deceptive.
Imagine showing both sides of a blank piece of paper held dangling down from your finger tips. Only one hand is used. The paper visibly, with no cover, changes to a bill which is immediately shown on both sides.
If you want real magic, if you are in search of the perfect bill change, look no further than Kartis Bill Change 2.0.
You receive a detailed DVD and the gimmicks to perform the effect.
Note: Coming in stock very soon. Pre-order now and we’ll pay the shipping.
(7) Reel Magic Episode 29 – Losander:
Feature Interview - Losander:
Losander talks with Kozmo about his creative influences and the development of the floating table.
Bill Wisch on Slydini
Bill Wisch tells a story and teaches a trick from Slydini.
Garrett Thomas - Try This at Home
Part 2 of Garrett and Mathieu Bich discussing criticism!
Simon Lovell - Ask Simey!
Simon answers your question, "What's better in the real world, a complicated or simple trick?".
Silly Billy - Kid Show FUNdamentals!
Silly Billy talks about his theory: 3 laughs from 1 joke.
David Regal - Tricks of the Trade
"But I already have this!" David reviews tricks he spent money for.
Wayne Kawamoto - Choice Cuts
Reviews Francis Menotti and Lewis Leval as well as a few quick slices.
Josh Jay "Metal Bending"
John T. Sheets "Coloration"
Francis Menotti "Pieces of Nothing"
Solomon Barajas "Snap Coin Production"
Marc De Souza "Le Paul goes down under"
Hayden Childress "Flip back production"
Including the .pdf file, Magicseen, a European publication.
(8) Essentials In Magic Linking Rings DVD – Daryl: The Essentials in Magic collection gives you the opportunity to enjoy instruction from Daryl, the Magician's Magician. Daryl personally mentors you through clear, easy-to-understand video segments and helps you to develop and perfect classic sleight-of-hand skills and techniques. Daryl brings you everything you need to know to perform miracles with sponge balls, trick decks, linking rings, cups and balls, and many other classic illusions, right away!
This DVD focuses on Linking Rings.
Various Key Rings
Displaying the Key Ring
Links and Unlinks
Storing the Rings
Linking Without the Key
A Sample Routine
And much, much more!
And that’s this week’s Labor Day Weekend Hotlist. Time to fire up the grill one last time, invite a ton of people over for an end of summer barbeque, then sneak off to a quiet place, read this week’s Hotlist and send us a big order! You will be making both abor and management happy!
As always, we thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to visit with us. Whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford, we love the company!
Aron, Bonnie and the Elves