Greetings from all of your friends here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. What a perfect Summer week this has been. Some beautiful sunny days, some crazy thunder showers. In all just a delight.
On the home front, we have been doing a major house cleaning. And, I do mean major. After twenty years (has it really been that long?) in this house, we have decided that it is time to downsize. Which means we must sort through twenty years of accumulation and decide what stays and what goes. It is not as easy as it sounds. Lots of the stuff is from when the kids were really little (that’s right, we have never thrown anything away for all these years) and has some serious sentimental value. You cannot even imagine how much has been put out on the curb for the trash men and how much has been donated to Goodwill. This past week, we cleaned out the storage area at the back of the house. Like a shed, but attached, and big. The space was filled with stuff that Bonnie and I had actually forgotten that we had. Mostly kids’ toys. They were all in pretty good shape, so we trotted them off to Goodwill. That way, someone elses’ kids will get to enjoy them. It looks like we are just about at the end of the cleaning out process. The house looks really good, if I do say so myself.
Speaking of clearing out, Lucas the Singing Son leaves on Monday for Graduate School. He will be at Rider University in Princeton, New Jersey. A two year program. For us, the best part is that he is only a few hours drive away. So, we will get to see him a lot! I hate to be such a sentimental wuss, but I miss him already.
And, that’s all the news from here. We’ve got a super duper Excitement for you this week. Just read on!
38 For 5 SALES EVENT: From right now until Tuesday, August 21st, at midnight, when you purchase from us at Hank Lee's, you will save money.
Starting right now, you will save 38% on your entire order, subject to the rules below. That's right, 38%!
We will maintain that discount for five days, until Tuesday, August 21st at midnight. All you need to do is enter the special code 38FOR5 in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct the correct amount from your order total. You will find the Discount Coupon at the bottom of the page when you click on “View Cart.”
If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure to mention the special code so you can save!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
* The minimum order to use this discount is $35.00
* The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
* Offers cannot be combined.
* Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Mike Caveney Books, MagicSmith, theory11 products, Johnson Products items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
* If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before shipping your order.
* Coupons, Reward Points and Promotional Gift Certificates may not be used during this sales event.
* As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code in the Discount Coupon Box, and nowhere else. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. It all ends on the 21st of August at midnight.
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
(1) Vanishing Microphone Kit: The new Vanishing Microphone Kit by George Iglesias is one of the new items in the line of Super Latex items. A top seller at the FISM2012 in Blackpool England!
It is the perfect effect for Magicians, Masters of Ceremonies, Comedians and Clowns.
* The magician walks onto the stage holding a handheld microphone and suddenly realizes that is not working. He places the microphone inside a paper bag and, after waving his hand on top, crumples the paper bag into a tiny little ball, making the microphone vanish completely and tossing the paper ball away.
* Perform a color changing windscreen from black to silver or silver to black and then make the microphone vanish!
* Show the microphone in your hand, cover it with a handkerchief and make it vanish in the most visual way!
* Transform the microphone into a silk of any color!
A complete kit that includes everything to perform these and more effects. All the elements are made of Super Latex.
Interchangeable black and silver windscreens
Advantages of Super Latex material:
It looks 100 % real
Compresses to 1/10 of its original size
Natural brilliance and realism
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(2) Switcho Box: The versatility of a change bag without the bag!
This quality switch box is perfect for any routine where small items need to be switched, produced or vanished.
Includes Switcho Box and instruction sheet.
Dimensions Approximately: 4" x 4" x 8"
(3) ESP Origins - Ludovic Mignon:
The ESP Origins deck is based on the ESP cards designed by Karl Zener and made popular by Joseph Banks in the early 20th century. Your spectators will have no doubts about their authenticity. The back was designed by Sam Hayles, a world renowned graphic artist who specializes in playing card designs. The marking on the backs of the cards is efficient and effective. You can read it easily, but your spectators will not even suspect the cards are marked.
In addition to the ESP cards, the deck includes all of the cards needed to perform the 10 routines described in the booklet, along with several bonus cards that you can put to use in your own mentalism routines.
The ESP Deck + The Booklet + The additional card case
The ESP Deck
25 ESP cards (five of each symbol), blue backs and marked
5 red backed ESP cards, marked
5 cards numbered 1 to 5, marked
5 blank cards, marked from 1 to 5
5 double-faced cards for each symbol
10 additional cards allowing you to perform all of the routines described in the booklet.
A number of leading mentalism performers have worked on this project. The 48-page booklet includes 10 routines, with illustrations by Tony Dunn and superb graphics and design work by Benoît Drager.
Synchosis - Max Maven
Viewed ESP Prediction - Richard Osterlind
My Charlier Shuffle - Armand Porcell
ESPitome Location - Sylvain Mirouf
ESP Vision - Armand Porcell
ESP Taytelbaum - Ludovic Mignon
Protocols - Christian Chelman
Marked Thought - Bob Mason
ESP Mind - Sylvain Mirouf
ESP Assembly - Armand Porcell
Similitude - Armand Porcell
The package also includes an additional thin case that can hold 25 to 30 cards, allowing you to perform your routines as originally intended.
(4) Burger-Ler Bunnies – Graeme Shaw: Even if you are not a children's performer, this is still the ideal close up effect to carry with you. Burger-ler Bunnies is not only a very appealing effect for the younger ones, it is also a devastatingly fooling effect for the adults.
Begin by stating that most magicians own a magic rabbit at some point in their life. However, there aren't many who own four! Suiting actions with words you remove a packet of four cards from your pocket each of which has a white rabbit wearing a colored bow tie printed upon it.
Explain that these rabbits are very hungry, so you have also brought along some rabbit food. Remove another card from your wallet upon which is printed the words "Rabbit Food." Ask the audience which food they believe rabbits like best.
No matter what they answer, you flip over the card revealing a pile of cheese burgers. When the laughter has settled, you request that an audience member keep a tight hold on the burgers until the rabbits have performed their trick.
Rather than performing an effect, it appears that each of the rabbits is a little mischievous as they keep turning around to look at the burgers.
After a little byplay the rabbits not only change color from white to brown, but one even jumps magically from your pocket and back into your hand.
Since the rabbits have been so clever, you request that the spectator finally allow them to have the food. Upon flipping over the card over it is found that all of the burgers have been eaten leaving only a plate of crumbs behind.
Hopefully, the rabbits haven't eaten the burgers as they are allergic to the tomatoes in them.
Your worst fears are confirmed when the rabbit cards are flipped over and each has become a different color!
Simple to perform.
Bright colorful artwork.
Photo illustrated instructions.
High quality durable plastic card stock will last a lifetime.
Comes complete with plastic card wallet to house the cards.
(5) NLP & Magic – Mathieu Bich: This book presents the subtle alliance of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and magic. You will learn all the techniques of persuasive communication central to a magic effect.
How can you bring an intense emotional experience to your spectator?
How can you use persuasion with elegance?
These and many other questions are dealt with in this book in a simple and easily reproducible way.
A reference for magicians and mentalists.
93 pages - 5" x 8" – Softcover
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(6) Project – Shiro Ishida: Shiro Ishida is an outstanding magician and performer. He is also a magic adviser for many Asian stars and TV shows. Unlike traditional magic performances, Shiro Ishida adds the latest technology and fashion into his magic. With fifteen years of experience performing magic, Shiro perfectly combines magic and performance together into modern day miracles. This DVD is highly recommended!
An amazing street magic effect. A liquid transposition between two cups. You must learn this routine.
Shiro Ishida's perfect way to do the rising card routine. After two years of work, he finally came up with this astounding method. You can raise many cards at the same time, the speed can be entirely controlled by the magician and no elastic string or glue is needed. The spectator's card will rise slowly and eerily.
Two signed cards linked together in front of your eyes. Great for performing silent!
Borrow a coin and let the spectator sign it. The coin disappears immediately. And it appears inside the card sheath hanging on the magician's neck from the beginning.
A perfect close up routine. A total improvement over the traditional Triumph routine. It combines many other effects in order to make this a more powerful routine.
Worm Hole Again (WHA)
You have to see to believe! No special setting and everything can be signed. Enjoy the screaming!
Street Magic at its best! An impressive visual effect with two bills that seem to melt though each other.
Impromptu Berglas Effect. The deck is borrowed. No setting, no gimmick and can be performed anytime anywhere.
Coming in stock very son. Pre-order now and we’ll pay the shipping!
(7) Thindex: Predict almost anything a person is thinking!
Includes 15 High-Impact Mind-Reading Routines:
Bare Bones Prediction: Have any card named. Your prediction's always correct.
Complex Card Prediction: Predict a card and what your volunteer looks like.
Dreamgirl: Your dream of a spectator's birthday and card selection comes true.
Double Mysticism: Foretell a Tarot card and a spectator's Zodiac sign.
Rock 'n' Roll Predictions: Know anyone's favorite musician or song.
Pop-Culture Predictions: Divine a person's favorite actors, shows, and films.
Destiny's Name: Predict a spectator's first name, her lucky number, and lucky card.
Creative Currency: You foresee a wacky bill with any president and denomination.
Psychic Bartender: Envision anyone's favorite beer and how many bottles ordered.
Spy Identity: Precisely predict a volunteer's fictional spy identity.
Spectrum Vision: Divine a spectator's favorite lipstick shade...or lingerie color.
Murder Mystery: Mentally detect the murder weapon and details of a gory crime.
Pizza Prediction: Kids create a crazy pizza order matching your prediction.
Ice Cream Sundae: Predict your young spectators' fantasy ice cream sundae.
Coffee House: Foretell any flavor coffee, size, and number of espresso shots.
Complete 20-page instruction booklet
An incredibly versatile prediction device for the mindreader
Perform amazing multi-layer predictions
Predict a spectator's birthday, name, favorite color, and more
Includes the Thindex prediction organizer gimmick
Manual with 15 mind-blowing effects
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(8) Magic Castle Playing Cards: The Magic Castle Playing Cards are printed on Deluxe Bicycle Card Stock. This is the all new 2012 Limited Edition Deck, printed by The United States Playing Card Company .
Custom Made Jokers and Ace of Spades make this an amazing deck of cards both to look at and to perform with. They are all sealed with a gold sticker. These decks are traditionally cut making table faros, flourishing and sleight of hand much easier!
These First Edition decks are going to go fast, so get them now!
Available in Red and Blue. Please specify.
(9) Bruised: Bruised just might be the most powerful way to reveal someone's thoughts!
It is a great new way to reveal a chosen or thought of card but it is much more than that. It can be used with coin tricks, ESP tricks, to reveal a number, name, initials, or word and so on.
Believe it or not, the actual ESP symbol, card, or word appears in a bruise on your body or someone else's body.
Imagine vanishing a coin and having it reappear in the form of a bruise on your arm.
Have a spectator throw a deck of cards at you and after declaring that you bruise easily and he threw it too hard, you roll up your sleeve to show the chosen card bruised on your body.
Or just have someone squeeze your wrist and send a thought to you.
The best part about this is it can be used as an impromptu trick with no setup. It takes less than a minute to apply and once the bruise is on you it lasts for days.
These are the exact same type of bruises used in the film industry and, believe it or not, you don't have to mess with makeup. These are made just like temporary tattoos, only they are made by a company out of Los Angeles that does this for all the major movies. When you put one of these on, it looks like you are really bruised.
Bruised comes with 8 sheets of “bruises” and a DVD with a few routines plus endless ideas to help you come up with your own routines as well.
(10) The Right Choices - Michael Murray: In an effort to demonstrate the way in which fate often intervenes with our life choices, the mentalist presents the spectator with a series of photographs. Each of these photographs depicts different choices, with differing levels of probability and thus impact upon our life. Even though the spectator is given free reign on how the cards are laid down, and with the odds stacked heavily against them, the performer manages to show that somehow nothing but right choices have been made throughout.
Comes complete with 10 laminated plastic cards, plastic card wallet and a five page instruction booklet.
And that’s this week’s Two Less Than A Dozen Hotlist. A fabulous collection of great new magic, just for you!
As always, we here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory thank you all for taking the time to spending with us, whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we love the company.
Aron, Bonnie & The Elves