Greetings from all the Yankee Doodle Dandies here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. This past week we all celebrated Independence Day here in the U.S.A.
I am not sure how you feel about it, but don’t you think that the Fourth of July should be a Monday holiday? I know the holiday says “Fourth of July” right in the name, but when it falls in the middle of the week, it can be downright confusing. Come to work on Monday and Tuesday. Take Wednesday off. Then, come back to work Thursday and Friday. I know that the elves find it very difficult to get ramped up for Thursday when it feels like Monday. A Monday holiday would solve that problem. Just a thought.
Bonnie, who is a fireworks fanatic, went to the pre-Fourth fireworks on Tuesday. She loves those bombs bursting in air. Aron went with her on Tuesday, while Lucas opted for the annual Lexington Carnival. I stayed at home and watched the fireworks on TV. I know. What a party pooper
Last week, we ran our annual July 4th Sale-A-Bration. But, I am told that a lot of you folks were vacationing and missed the event. So, we are extended the Sale-A-Bration until next Monday at Midnight! That way, you won’t miss out.
Fourth Of July Sales Event Extended: It’s time to celebrate Independence Day. Not just a day, but much more! So, from the very moment you receive this email until Monday, July 9th at midnight, everything (well, almost everything) is on sale at 35% off the retail price. All you need to do is enter the special code JULYFOURTH in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 35% from your order total.
Note: Ths Discount Coupon Box is at the bottom of the “View Cart” page.
If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to firstname.lastname@example.org make sure and mention the special code so you can save a huge 35%!
Now, here are the rules:
* The minimum order to use the 35% off discount is $35.00.
* The 35% is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the 35% is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
* We cannot combine offers.
* Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Mike Caveney Books, Johnson Products items, MagicSmith items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
* If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before shipping your order.
* Promotional Gift Certificates and Reward Points may not be used as part of this sales event.
* As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code JULYFOURTH in the Discount Coupon Box and nowhere else. The Discount Coupon Box appears on the bottom of the page when you click on View Cart, before you start the checkout process.
If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale positively ends Monday, July 9th at midnight, Eastern Daylight Time.
Now, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist.
(1) Hamed’s CD Player:Designed and produced by Tora Magic, this is a fantastic new effect!
The audience sees a painting frame on a table.
The magician takes the frame and draws a CD Player, using a black marker.
The drawing is placed on the table.
Then, the magician takes an empty cover and shows it to the audience.
He puts the cover over the frame.
When he lifts the cover, the drawing has transformed into a big, three dimensional CD player!
Of course, the magician can show all sides of the CD player to the audience.
Comes with table, drawing frame, cover and a very special big CD player!
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
(2) The Show Doctor - Jeff McBride: With Additional material by Lawrence Hass - The first full-length book of magic from Jeff McBride, one of the great magicians of our time.
* Eleven of Jeff's previously unpublished routines, including stage illusions, stand-up routines, manipulation, close-up magic, cards and mentalism.
* Revised versions of Jeff's celebrated advice column published in MAGIC Magazine.
* Many interviews and additional writings that extend Jeff's thoughts on how magicians can improve their performances and have more successful careers.
If you love magic; if you want to perform excellent magic, then the prescription is clear: it is time to consult The Show Doctor!
296 pages - 7.25" x 10.25" - Hardcover
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
"If you only read one magic book this year, make it The Show Doctor." - Lance Burton
"I truly believe that Jeff McBride is the best guide to improving your magic show in the world today." - Mac King
(3) Ringer - Blake Vogt: Magic that happens in the spectator's hands is always the most powerful and memorable. Blake Vogt's adaptation of Michael Weber's Four Dollars in Change is just that, something they will never forget!
Imagine showing an origami ring crafted out of a $5 bill and placing it on the spectator's finger for safe keeping.
A $1 bill is shown and tapped against the origami ring on their finger. Immediately the bills change place. The $1 bill visibly transforms into the $5 bill that was just on the spectator's finger. The spectator looks down to see their origami ring is now made with the intricately folded $1 bill. This is a giveaway the spectator will keep forever.
Blake Vogt has used Michael Weber's creation with permission and added a shockingly visual transformation.
Easy to do. Visual. The perfect opener.
Note: This is a non-discountable item.
"This is a just Killer!" - Eric Jones
(4) Dagger Head Chest: One of the classic illusions in magic! Performed by magicians worldwide.
Tell the story of an Egyptian king who hated magic and asked that the magician be given a taste of his own medicine.
Ask a spectator from the audience to play the part of the magician.
The spectator’s head is placed into the Egyptian box.
Swords are then placed into the box in all directions.
The doors of the box are opened to display the condition of the spectator’s head. However the audience is shocked to find that the spectator’s head has vanished completely!
The door is shut and the daggers are taken out to find that the spectator’s head has reappeared back on his shoulders!
Very well made.
(5) The Essential Sol Stone – Stephen Hobbs: At long last, legendary New York magician Sol Stone's best effects have been amassed into a single, hard-bound volume. Here are over 50 of Sol's favorite effects, including some of his most closely-guarded secrets, all completely updated and rewritten, with the full routines and Sol's newest improvements.
The Essential Sol Stone also shares Sol's life story, from his childlike wonder at experiencing the Thurston show, to his brushes with death in WWII; his use of magic as diplomacy; his years on the faculty of Brooklyn College and his successful private practice as a Clinical Psychologist. Sol's is the unusual case of a man with a thriving professional career who is also an outstanding magician - not a lightweight, but a true master of the art of entertaining with close-up magic.
The book details all of the sleights and subtleties in Sol's arsenal, clearly and in isolation, thereby streamlining and simplifying the learning process. Magicians of all skill levels can learn from this master of intimate illusion. Written by Stephen Hobbs, Edited by Richard Kaufman, with over 350 crystal-clear illustrations by portrait artist Cassidy J. Alexander, this is a book that will delight performers and collectors alike
264 pages - 9" x 6" - Hardcover with dust jacket - Black and white illustrations
"Sol Stone creates intimate miracles that are casual yet devastating. I wish I was more like Sol. After mastering the magic in this book maybe I will be. Highly recommended!" - Meir Yedid
"Sol Stone has "the touch." He manages to find the most subtle, deceptive, and direct way to create the impression of real magic. Lovers of pure magic will be delighted that his work is now available in this beautifully written and illustrated book." - John Carney
"If it is from Sol Stone's mind it will be great for your hands!" - Harry Lorayne
"Sol Stone is one of magic's greatest treasures." - Richard Kaufman
(6) Poor Man’s Cups And Balls – Stephen So: An all time classic that fits in your pocket.
A packet of cards with 3 cups and 3 balls: a poor man's version of the classic Cups & Balls effect.
The 3 balls penetrate the cups one after another.
All 3 balls penetrate the cups at the same time and land on one single card.
As a surprise ending, all 3 balls transforms into 3 different kinds of fruits (or rabbits as an alternate ending).
Resets right away for your next performance.
- the cups and balls cards
- extra gimmick cards for an alternative ending
And that’s this week’s short but sweet Hotlist. Take some time out from the hot dogs and hamburgers to check out this great new stuff.
As always, we thank you for finding the time to spend with us, whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford.
Either way, we love the company.
Aron, Bonnie and the Elves