Last Sunday was Mother’s Day. Being so wrapped up in the oh, so very important things going on here at the Magic Factory, I forgot to remind you. I hope you remembered and didn’t end up sleeping on the couch. I remembered, and still almost ended up sleeping on the couch. Here’s a little advice to tuck away in your file of Mother’s Day no-nos. Do not give your wife, or your mother, plastic storage containers for Mother’s Day. Even if they are really nice containers designed for the modern woman. Even if you give her some other gifts that are really nice and thoughtful; the plastic containers will shine above all other gifts as one of the worst gifts a mother, or wife, can get. Please take my advice on this.
Now that we are well into May, the academic year is coming to an end for Lucas the Singing Son. I will be flying out to exciting Cleveland, Ohio in about 10 days to drive back home with Lucas. It’s a great drive. All the hot spots. Erie, PA. Buffalo, NY. Rochester, NY. Springfield, MA. It’s hard to believe we can do it without stopping at these places of beauty. No letters please. Lucas’ Junior Recital was a couple of weeks ago. If you would like to see what he’s up to, go to YouTube at this address. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxVRHJHMdxM)
And that’s it for this week. Check out this week’s excitement. You will be pleased!
30 And Down Sales Event. The early birds really love this sales event. And why not? Save and save. More today than tomorrow, and certainly more than the day after.
Here’s how it works: No matter what day, from right now until Thursday, the 19th of May at midnight, when you purchase from us at Hank Lee’s, you will save money. But, as you may have heard, the early bird gets the worm! Starting right now, you will save 30% on your entire order, subject to the rules below. We will hold that discount, 30%, through Monday, the 16th of May at midnight. We will reduce the discount by 1% each day after that until the 19th of October at midnight. All you need to do is enter the special code 30ANDDOWN in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct the correct amount from your order total. If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure to mention the special code so you can save!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
• The minimum order to use this discount is $30.00.
• The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• Offers cannot be combined.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Paul Harris Prime Time Magic items, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, MagicSmith, Martin Breese, Mikame Craft items, Johnson Products items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons, Reward Points and Promotional Gift Certificates may not be used during this sales event..
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code in the Discount Coupon Box, and nowhere else. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. It all ends on the 19thh of May at midnight!
And now to this week’s Hotlist!
(1) Cosmic Blaster Jr. – Rick Haslett: Beam me up, Scotty! Shields Up! Bring out the Cosmic Blasters. The what? The Cosmic Blasters, the neatest flash device going. It looks exactly like a Buck Rogers Space Gun. Complete with electronic trigger. And, when you aim and shoot, out comes a big ball of fire! It only fires out about 4 feet, so you won't light the drapes on fire.
You can also set it to fire 10 to 15 feet.
And, it uses Flash Cotton and Flash Paper, so the flame burns very quickly.
If you're into special effects for your act or want a fun new way to light up your Dove Pan, this is the one for you! Really nice, and priced right.
Cosmic Blaster Jr. requires 1 AAA battery, Flash Cotton and Flash Pads.
Comes with an instructional video CDRom.
Thanks to Rick Haslett for giving us the exclusive on this fine item, which means you will find it here at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory, and nowhere else!
(Captain's Log, Stardate 60.069) $55.00
Note: Since this uses real fire, we can only sell it to those over 18 years of age.
(2) Zig Zag Guillotine:An impossible routine from Tora Magic!
Pass your arm through a black box, showing it empty.
Now, dramatically push a blade down through your wrist!
Pass a second blade through your arm!
Turn your arm and pull out the wall of the box. Zig-Zag happens!
But your arm is miraculously unharmed!
The Zig-Zag Guillotine will make the audiences scream, then applaud in amazement and surprise!
(3) Sidewinder – Alex Lourido: From the creator of Butter Coin, Captivated, and Glass Mirage, Alex Lourido’s Sidewinder. Three years in the making, Sidewinder can be summed up with one word: Brilliant! Finally a robust device has been created that easily allows magicians to perform beautiful animated levitations with practically no set up!
Not only this, but Sidewinder uses no fragile invisible threads, motors or rubber bands, and the speed at which you can animate objects is completely under your control at all times.
From playing cards to business cards, to match books, sugar packets and money, Sidewinder will have you confidently levitating objects everywhere!
Sidewinder easily fits in your pocket and can be retrieved and used to perform levitations in a moments notice. No more hassle with difficult set ups! With Sidewinder you’re ready to perform in mere seconds.
Want to be remembered for that next magic gig? Well, with Sidewinder you can levitate your business card in front of prospective clients, make it suddenly spin towards them, and give it to them to keep! Talk about making a lasting impression!
Sidewinder comes with an instructional DVD where Alex Lourido will share with you all of the fantastic levitations and animations that are possible with this robust gem. $35.00 (10.1636)
(4) Toastmaster: From our good friends at Card Shark in Germany. The sudden appearance of a filled glass is a completely baffling effect.
Toastmaster is the perfect opener, allowing you to produce a filled glass of wine or champagne from a flat envelope.
This unique gimmick allows you free mobility for a wine glass, and is easily stolen from the envelope supplied ( or your own)
Or, you can produce the full glass from under a silk with the John Lovick technique described.
(5) iCandy DVD – Lee Smith & Gary Jones: Welcome to Lee Smith and Gary Jones' brand new DVD set.
Featuring a massive 15 fantastic routines for the working magician. These are all featured in their professional working sets, so you know it's commercial, direct and to the point, This is pure 'iCandy' that you will use.
Kick Back Kings - One of Lee's favorite routines. A chosen card, lost in the deck reappears between the Kings! Or does it?
Kick Back Kicker - The selected card jumps from your pocket and back again.
T.N.T - A signed card is torn then restored visually! The spectator is left holding an impossible prediction!
Easyfone 10 - How would like to leave your clients with the perfect memorable souviner? Complete with additional routines and ideas by Gary Jones, John Carey, Cameron Francis and Iain Moran. The brilliant new routine from Lee Smith that's a real 'worker' for all magicians! Each DVD comes with a special PDF containing several ifone 10 templates that you can print out yourself. You're also provided with templates that can be customzsed by you to add your name and contact details... imagine the perfect giveaway that can publicize you after the show!
Easy Eyefone - Gary Jones' easy to do version of Easyfone 10 that you'll master in minutes!
Scoop - Watch! Your signature visually jumps to the spectators signed selection.
3C - A stunning multi phase coin routine, perfect for the strolling magician.
No Palm Coins Through table - If you want a self-working, super clean coins through table with no moves? Well here it is!
Ring to purse - A transposition with a borrowed finger ring and a coin purse.
No Sleep - One of the fastest transpositions you'll ever see.
Vanishing point - Not for the faint hearted! A very bold sandwich effect.
6 Card Dunbury - A great take on Charlie Miller’s classic.
One Short of a Full Deck - Brainwave with no rough or smooth and an added kicker which will knock them sideways!
Pocket 2 Pocket 2 Pocket - Gary's famous pocket to pocket sequence, where the signed card jumps from pocket to pocket to pocket.......!
Triple Choice - Three selected cards are lost in the deck only to be found by a series of flourishes, each one getting more visual. Pure eye candy!
(6) Encyclopedia of Mentalism And Mentalists: This book contains nearly 600 pages of must-have information on performing Mentalism. 13 chapters teach you step-by-step instruction through text and illustration. Also contained in this volume are an additional twelve fascinating chapters detailing the lives of Mind Readers and Psychics past and present.
Lessons on: Blindfolds, Cold Reading, Mindreading, Mediumistic Stunts, Predictions, X-Ray Eyes and much more!
Mentalists: Alexander, Annemann, Kuda Bux, Chan Canasta, Corinda, Uri Geller, David Hoy, Jaks and many more!
Hardcover. Profusely Illustrated with photographs and drawings.
Two publications in one book. Includes Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism.
(7) Royal Wave: From Card Shark, the same folks who produce Get Sharky!
A folder is set on the table, containing four Queens.
The spectator removes four Kings from a deck of cards and mixes them, face down. One is freely selected. (no force or equivoque).
The cards are removed from the folder and a face up Queen is seen among the three face down cards.
Its suit matches the selected King and it is turned up and shown it to be the only red card among the blues. The King has found its matching Queen.
But wait, the other three Queens are found to be blank cards.
This effect uses several principles found in the Parade of Kings, B Wave and Twisted Sister effects without the force.
(8) Handle With Carey DVD – John Carey: Featuring 11 superb routines, all of the effects are from John's working material and all have been worked and refined over many years. This not only makes them extremely practical for all working conditions, but also hard-hitting and extremely direct.
Triple Inpurseination: A triple spellbound coins to purse combined
Counting On You: John's take on a Paul Cummins classic card at a number
Gys Coin: One coin routine - John's strolling opener
Simple Fusion: An ungaffed fusion effect suitable for couples and birthdays
BTB: A no nonsense, practical working method for bill to impossible location
Gemini Detector: A peeked card, a lie detector and a memorable finish. A great way to get the business card in play.
3 Chances: An impromptu approach to the classic rising card
1 Deck Do As I Do: Makes the spectator the star as they find your card and you find theirs. Easy and practical
Searching For A Sandwich: John's take on the sandwich plot-inspired by Larry Jennings and Armando Lucero
WTF Pocket Interchange: 3 signed selections placed inside the pockets transpose instantly with 4 aces
Speccy Magician: Make the spectator the star as they make your thought of card vanish
Sticking Up For Larry: A simple direct card to a chosen number inspired by Jennings
BONUS TOOL BOX SECTION
The spread cull and applications
The breather crimp
The overhand shuffle peek control
The optical overhand false shuffle.
The center spread double
"John Carey is well known within a limited circle in magic for his uncanny ability to apply subtlety and subterfuge to effect magicial moments of the highest order. It appears that now is the time for that circle of knowledge to be expanded... no knuckle busters, no pipe dreams, no angle limitations - these are all real workers" - Jack Carpenter
(9) Ultimate Invisible Deck – Shawn Farquhar: Much more than a single effect, this is a crucial technique used in Shawn's act that has won him multiple awards from SAM, IBM, PCAM and FISM.
You get a finely crafted block of plastic that has been laser cut and machined to the size of a deck of cards.
Using this unique block (commonly referred to as an Omni Deck, crafted by Palmer Tilden) and Shawn's deck switch technique you will be able to present an incredible Ambitious Card routine that ends with the deck of cards magically turning into a block of plastic right in the spectators hands!
Complete with prop and full instructions.
David Regal - Tricks OF the Trade
David explores the magical world of vice!
Wayne Kawamoto –Choice Cuts
Reviews street magic in Sin City, as well as Function 9.
Banachek - Subtleties
Banachek on stooging and performing a trick over the phone!
David Kaye - a.k.a. Silly Billy - Reel Comedy
David Kaye takes a look at what magic shops were like - before the Internet.
David Roth will leave you spellbound with his take on the old routine.
Jon Armstrong – Sessions
Orlando Part 1 - Jay Wethington shows a new adaptation for an old smoking trick.
Calen Morelli - Loaded 2
Michael Ammar - Ring Band-It
Jeff Prace - Time Stands Still
Aaron Delong - Fak-Out Move
Reuben Moreland - Twirl Change
Ben Goldfein - The Spring Change
A European publication
And that’s this week’s most excellent collection of new and exciting magical goodies. So good. So good. Couple the great stuff we carry with this week’s 30 and Down event and you have a combination that cannot be beat!
As always, thank you so much for taking time out from your busy schedules to spend some with us. Whether it’s online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford, we do love your company!