Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. It is hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just one short week away! I can already smell the turkey cooking! Actually, I can already smell the turkey. Seems that Bonnie left the freezer door slightly ajar, and everything in the freezer defrosted, including her Thanksgiving turkey. Rather than toss it in the trash bin, she decided to cook it this week. Smart girl. So, we started eating turkey on Tuesday, and already have been eating leftovers. Whad’ya think? Two weeks of turkey is just a little over the top?
As you might imagine, things are getting a little crazy around here. The Holiday EXTRA is now online and you can view it in two different ways! You can either click on the EXTRA Button at www.magicfact.com or you can download the EXTRA by going to: http://www.hanklee.org/december2009extra.pdf
You can then print it out or read it on your computer. It will look like a regular EXTRA, only in full color!
If you don’t want to do either of those things, drop me an email and let me know and we will be happy to print an EXTRA off for you and get it to you by snail mail!
Pre-orders for the 2010 Tenyo line are coming in like crazy. The new Tenyo will be available sometime in December, so get your orders in and you’ll be ready to amaze everyone at your holiday dinners!
We have some very special items for you this week, so I will delay no more.
Important note: Don’t forget that this week is our annual Thanksgiving Sales Event. And, it is our last major sales event of 2009. Save big now, or you’ll have to wait for 2010!
Now, let’s look at this week’s excitement!
THANKSGIVING SAVINGS - For the next seven days, from the very moment you receive this email until Thursday, November 26th at midnight, everything (well, almost everything) is on sale at 30% off the retail price. All you need to do is enter the special code TURKEYDAY in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 30% from your order total. If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure to mention the special code so you can save a huge 30%!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
• The minimum order to use this discount is $30.00.
• The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• Offers cannot be combined.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Joe Porper items, Paul Harris Prime Time Magic items, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, MagicSmith, Martin Breese, Mikame Craft items, Johnson Products items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons, Reward Points and Promotional Gift Certificates may not be used during this sales event..
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code in the Discount Coupon Box, and nowhere else. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order line at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. It all ends on the 26th of November at midnight!
NOTE: This is the last major sales event for 2009. Typically, we do not run any major events during the holiday season. So, if there are items you have been dreaming about, and want to get them at a reduced price, this is your last chance for 2009. As the saying goes, "Forewarned is fore armed." Whatever that means.
Now, finally, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
(1) U-235: When Floyd Thayer first made U-235, there was no such thing as “Old School” magic or “New School” magic. There was just great magic. Our friends at Viking Magic have resurrected this wonderful old classic which has become a rare collectable and difficult to obtain. Until now!
The performer talks about the early testing implements used back in the 1940's to test Uranium and Nuclear Fusion, all steps to creating the Atomic Bomb.
"The apparatus you see before you was one of the first attempts at atomic restructuring and I would like to demonstrate this incredible mystery. Very few people outside of the Atomic Energy Commission have ever seen this demonstrated. Watch closely as you won't believe your eyes.
Note this solid piece of 1/4" plate glass. A breech in the glass would be quite evident. Also, note these two aluminum reactor cylinders. We will sandwich the solid glass between the two cylinders and we will use this solid steel ball to demonstrate the properties discovered so long ago.
Watch and listen as you hear the solid steel ball make contact with the solid glass sheet and then, watch as seconds later it penetrates that solid sheet of glass."
Setting action to words, the tubes are assembled with the 1/4" sheet glass in the middle. The steel ball is dropped into the upper tube and a resounding clang is heard as metal strikes glass. A second or two later the ball is seen and heard to come crashing down through the glass and onto the plate below.
This is an exact replica of the original Thayer unit. You are supplied with the two anodized aluminum tubes, the 1/4" plate glass, the 5/8" steel ball and ceramic plate plus complete directions. The entire effect is supplied in a custom foam lined box to protect all the parts. The 1/4" plate glass sheet has had the edges hand polished and ground to perfection. A treasure for any collector, yet you will be demonstrating this unique effect moments after receiving it. Limited quantities have been made at this time so don't delay. $99.00 (10.1550)
(2) Green Machine: The latest creation from Steve Axtell! Magically recycle anything into anything.
Recycling is one of the hottest educational topics in the world!
Fits into a 12" x 12" x 12" space.
Large load area 9.5" x 8" diameter tube.
Engineered for incredibly safe angles!
Can also be used in any show as a "Time Machine!" (transporting objects forward and backwards in time when placed inside)
Comes with Green Machine, Yellow & Orange Trash Tube, Secret Gimmick, Sound Effects on MP3 & Instructions! $149.95 (60.1634)
(3) Band N’ Ring DVD – Joe Rindfleisch: On This DVD, Joe Rindfleisch, a leading expert in magic with rubber bands, shares two of his outstanding rubber band routines.
Ring & Rubber Band: Joe often performs this routine when working for larger groups. It is perfect for both a parlor setting or when working for a small group at a banquet or a trade show. The effect is simple. You show a bracelet size ring and a rubber band and then you proceed to link and unlink them in the most magical and spectacular ways.
Phases and techniques include: Catch, In And Out, When It’s Off It’s On, Catapult, Visual Penetration, Hypnotized, and Ring Link.
Crazy Joe’s Handcuffs: Joe’s handling of the classic Crazy Man’s Handcuffs which uses new moves and techniques to make two rubber bands link and unlink. This version is a progressive routine where you make it seem more impossible each time they link and unlink.
Phases and techniques include: Crazy Man Handcuffs Move, Stuck, Slow Motion, Classic, In With A Twist, No Tension, Unlink, All Around In And Out, Impossible Link, No Touch In And Out, Melt, Bird Cage Vanish, and Fingertip Vanish.
Within these routines you will learn more new techniques for linking and unlinking rubber bands than you ever thought possible. $29.95 (DVD01076)
(4) Pandora Bags: It is a mesh force bag that looks like something you would wash your delicates in or put your watch and wallet in and tie to a canoe.
What makes this bag so different from most force bags is the bag starts out completely empty. The audience drops the contents into the bag and without you touching a single item in the bag, it becomes a force bag with you in 100% control of what item will be selected every single time!
Comes complete with two different sized Pandora Bags and a comprehensive DVD packed with routines and ideas such as:
Choose Your Own Adventure
Show Biz Cards
And many more...
Plus, as an added bonus, the DVD has pdfs for many of the tricks like printable bingo cards and two special coloring book templates, pre-designed business cards you can print and the artwork for Super Clue. Just pop the disc into your computer and you will have access to all those files.
Once you get going, you will quickly see that the routine options are endless. Just think of all the things you can put in a mesh bag and the creative ideas will start flowing: fall leaves, bugs, soda caps, bar codes, mattress tags, tickets, shopping receipts, spitballs, fortune cookie fortunes, puzzle pieces, and on and on.
(5) Blooming Flower Bush – Remote Control: Your audience will love this beautiful illusion!
Imagine, a large potted flower bush. Remove the flowers and drop them into a silk bag. After a magical gesture, rip the bag open to show the flowers have vanished!
At your command, slowly, bright spots of color begin to appear on the bush. The flowers have reappeared on the bush!
The Remote-Control Blooming Flower Bush has the following features:
• The bush is 21 inches at its highest point, 13 inches at its widest point.
• The vase is 7 inches tall.
• The Remote-Control Blooming Flower Bush is powered by 8 AA batteries, and programmed to bloom 10 flowers
The Remote Control Blooming Flower Bush comes with:
• Handheld remote control
• The silk bag with rip-away feature
• Feather flowers (for vanishing)
• A carrying case
(6) Descendent – Jay Sankey: Slide the point of a pencil down to the middle! It looks insane!
This effect has a lot going for it. It's simple, direct, very easy to perform, visually powerful, and you end clean! It also doesn't require a whole lot of scripting. This effect is also very flexible when it comes to performing conditions. It works very well in both close-up and stand-up shows and always gets a great reaction!
• Extraordinary magic with a completely ordinary object!
• Easy to do! Resets in seconds!
• Immediately hand-out the insane looking pencil to be examined!
• Perfect street magic effect for close-up and stand-up performances at school, the office, anywhere!
• Includes a collection of special pencils and hand-made gimmicks plus fully illustrated instructions!
(7) In Half DVD – Andrew Mayne: Andrew Mayne, creator of Illusion EFX, Levitator and Gut Buster presents an amazing twist on a classic illusion.
Step into an upright cabinet made from two cardboard boxes and then visibly separate the two halves of your body!
Slide the top box to the side and the audience can see both your upper torso and legs are completely separated.
Then blow their minds as you lift your upper body up with your hands showing your waist is several inches off the floor of the cabinet and detached completely! The top box is then slid back and you emerge intact.
In Half - The Amazing One-Man Self Sawing Illusion
Costs less than $60 to make
Requires no power tools
Folds down flat
Can be built in less than one hour
Requires absolutely no assistants
On this instructional DVD Andrew Mayne provides detailed instructions in building and performing the illusion. Also included is a bonus variation of the effect, Half Man. $25.00 (60.1633)
(8) Automated Osmosis: Show two clear empty glasses and a solid glass square.
The two glasses are stacked one on top of the other with the solid glass square between them.
Milk or any other liquid is poured into the upper glass and the liquid remains there as expected.
The glasses are now briefly covered with a silk or handkerchief, and in an instant the liquid from the top glass magically vanishes and re-appears in the bottom glass.
Seems like the milk has penetrated the top glass and the solid glass square.
Sounds impossible, but it has just happened right in front of their eyes!
This is a top quality prop, made from real glass tumblers.
(9) Static: Raising the bar - with nothing but Static.
With the spectator's finger touching the top of the deck, the deck slowly splits itself in half. With a delicate touch, their chosen card shoots out of the pack. The deck is completely examinable before and after the effect. They will find nothing; they will have no explanation.
From the mind of David Jade and Damien Vappereau comes Static. A simple, powerful, beautiful effect that is as practical as it is evocative.
The Static DVD was directed by Dan and Dave and shot in High Definition. Everything you need to perform the effect is included with purchase, including ample supply of the special "something" you'll need to make the magic happen. Instruction by Dan Buck in Hollywood, CA.
Often the most powerful magic is the simplest. Static is a tribute to that fact. The spectator places their own finger on top of the deck, slowly moves it to the side, and half of the pack moves along with it. Magic does not get much more interactive than that.
Easy to learn, simple to perform - this is one of those few effects that allows you to focus on your presentation and performance, rather than the technique. With the gimmick materials included, you can create your own variations - the possibilities are endless. $20.00 (30.1455)
(10) Square Squared: To improve a classic is nearly impossible, but Mr. Mikame has done just that. Square Squared is the classic Square Circle, improved for today's working magicians. Better “viewability” for the audience and a removable gimmick for a surprise finale make this the crème de la crème of production devices!
The quality of Mikame's hand crafted products is well known, and is honestly second to none.
Perfect for any stage performance. Comes with a hand numbered digitally signed Certificate of Authenticity. Destined to become a collector's item.
A removable bottom plate inside of the load chamber makes the finale unexpected and amazing.
A new double window method makes the tubes appear more "empty" as well as creating easier viewing for larger audiences.
Hand crafted from high quality materials.
Each piece folds flat for ease of storage and transportation.
Side holders in load chamber.
No red dragons.
Dimensions: 9" x 13" x 9" (22.8cm x 33cm x 22.8cm) $255.00 (60.1629)
(11) Shower Of Spring Flowers: Show a large beautiful red flower. Magically, hundreds of small multi-colored flowers start flowing from the center of large flower!
The perfect ending to any flower routine! Incredibly visual! $395.00 (60.1631)
(12) Locked In A Room Without Coins – Craig Petty - Craig Petty is back and this time he's left his coins at home. Featuring ten killer routines designed to be used in the real world to real people. Most of the routines require just a regular pack of cards and any moves required are fully covered in the 'sleights section'. This is material that you will use; all routines have been tried, tested and perfected over the last ten years. Get ready to take your card magic to a new level.
The Lance Burton Appreciation Trick
An anytime anywhere miracle that combines a super visual wild card with a card under watch kicker.
A killer version of the sandwich plot that combines multiple card revelations and transpositions in a flurry of magical moments
This routine is pure eye candy combining super visual color changes and flash paper.
An easy to do version of Doc Eason's 'Anniversary Waltz' with a borrowed deck of cards.
A super commercial presentation for 'Card In Wallet'. A signed card vanishes from a spectator's wallet and appears in another spectator's pocket.
This routine is a master class in body loading. Three cards are selected and signed. The first card appears under a spectator's watch. The second card appears in the spectator's own pocket. The final card is found folded up in the spectator's own shoe.
A killer combination of Peter Kane's 'Wild Card' and Dai Vernon's 'Travelers' with a kicker that you have to see to believe.
Sandwich With a Kick
A three-part sandwich routine that gets more and more impossible with each phase. Features an ending that will literally stop the show.
Combining the brilliance of Alex Elmsley's 'Between the Palms' with a hilarious super commercial presentation this effect is one you are guaranteed to love.
BONUS ROUTINE – PHOTOGENIC
This routine was in Craig's Award Winning Competition Act. Originally due to be released as a stand alone product it is included on this DVD as an added bonus. A signed selected card is found using a 'magical camera'.
And that’s this Week Before Thanksgiving Hotlist. Something for all the magical turkeys. Only joking. Everyone knows turkeys can’t do magic. They don’t have opposable thumbs. They don’t have thumbs at all. Right?
Anyway, as the holidays get closer and closer, I want you to know how much we all appreciate your finding time in your busy schedules to spend with us, either online at www.magicfact.com or in person at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we could just gobble you up. Get it, gobble? Thanksgiving? See you next week.