Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. With Thanksgiving just a week away, we are now officially into the holiday season. I’ve let my beard grow a little longer than usual. And, when I put on that red hat with the white trim, golly gosh, you would think I was really Santa Claus. But, I’m not. The real Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, just a few blocks from Sarah’s house.
As you might imagine, things are getting a little crazy around here. We are busily preparing to get the Holiday EXTRA into the mail. You should be seeing it in about a week. If you are not on our snail mail list (and why, for goodness sakes aren’t you?), just drop me an email and I will hook you up right away!
For everyone who has eXile on order with us, the third shipment arrived yesterday and the last of the back orders are being filled. It’s been a long haul on this one, but the folks at theory11 are finally getting caught up and that means we are as well. I have a special “tip sheet” for eXile. If you would like it, drop me an email and I will shoot it right off to you.
For everyone who has been waiting for Compression, it will be just a little bit longer. There was a problem with the first run of DVDs and they are being re-duplicated right now. So, hang on, it’s coming!
Pre-orders for the new Tenyo are coming in like crazy. The new Tenyo will be available the second week of December, so get your orders in and you’ll be ready to amaze everyone at your holiday dinners!
We have some very special items for you this week, so I will delay no more. Oh, and don’t forget that this week is our annual Thanksgiving Sales Event. And, it is our last major sales event of 2008. Save big now, or you’ll have to wait for 2009!
THANKSGIVING SAVINGS - For the next seven days, from the very moment you receive this email until Thursday, November 27th at midnight, everything (well, almost everything) is on sale at 25% off the retail price. All you need to do is enter the special code TURKEYDAY in the Discount Coupon Box of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 25% from your order total. If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to email@example.com make sure to mention the special code so you can save a huge 25%!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
• The minimum order to use this discount is $25.00.
• The discount is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the discount is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Joe Porper items, Paul Harris Prime Time Magic items, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, MagicSmith, Martin Breese, Mikame Craft items, Johnson Products items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons and Reward Points will be deducted from the order total before the discount is applied.
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code TURKEYDAY in the Discount Coupon Box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure how to do this, please phone your order in to our toll-free order ine at 800 874 7400, and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale ends Thursday at midnight!
NOTE: This is the last major sales event for 2008. Typically, we do not run any major events during the holiday season. So, if there are items you have been dreaming about, and want to get them at a reduced price, this is your last chance for 2008. As the saying goes, "Forewarned is fore armed." Whatever that means.”
Now, finally, let’s take a look at this week’s Hotlist!
Barstool Levitation: We are happy and proud to bring the Barstool Levitation to our customers. This is an incredible one-person levitation!
Bring out a very ordinary-looking barstool. Sit on the stool. Suddenly, under your complete control, you begin to rise above the stool. You levitate to a height of almost 19 inches. With no apparent means of support! Then, you slowly float down and get off of the stool.
The Barstool Levitation will support anyone weighing up to 185 pounds. You can levitate yourself or a member of the audience!
It is very-well built; reliable; self-working and completely innocent in appearance.
Perfect for magicians, musicians, singers, clowns, jugglers, just about any type of performer.
The illusion is powered by a 12 volt rechargeable battery, and comes with a battery charger. Entirely self-working.
Imported from Europe. $6075.00 (60.823)
Thread – Wayne Houchin: In 2000, Wayne Houchin created an effect that would become his opener for the better part of the next decade. The concept was strange, yet exciting. Raw, visual, and striking in its simplicity.
Four years later, in 2004, Wayne was brought in to consult on a groundbreaking new project: the first magic television series in 40 years. The series featured underground New York magician, Criss Angel. Criss Angel: Mindfreak went on to become a worldwide success and Wayne’s Thread has become one of the most talked about and sought after effects from that first season.
The effect requires only a piece of thread, your mouth and one eye. It is so straightforward, yet so very powerful. Place the thread in your mouth. Blink your eye a couple of times, reach in and pull the thread from your eye. It looks unbelievable. Just like the picture. Just like the video demo. It is the geekiest of the geek. And it can be yours! Comes with instructional DVD.
Skin DVD – Benjamin Earl: Psychological strategy and design for the coin bend
Once in a while you witness an effect so powerful and so eerie that you could be convinced there are otherworldly forces at work.
Skin is a professional performance piece direct from the mind of Benjamin Earl, developed and refined over the last decade. The routine takes the coin bend several steps further and the entire routine has been meticulously thought out to ensure the spectator and the entire audience at large experiences something not just entertaining, but positively mind blowing.
Every aspect of how and why Skin works is discussed in unprecedented detail on this high-definition instructional DVD which also includes live performance footage so you can study the exact timing and nuances that make Skin the most unique and original work on the coin bend to date.
Skin is not just another variation on the standard coin bend - it is a professionally routined performance piece that will require careful study of the DVD in order to learn all the important layers that make up this reputation-making routine. Your efforts will be greatly rewarded and you will have an effect in your arsenal that looks and feels like the real thing! $59.00 (DVD00943)
Creativity Shows CDROM – Jim Kleefeld: Ever wanted to foster your own creativity? Now you can uncover some of the secrets behind changing, adapting and creating your own magic. Learn what tools to use and how to alter or adapt the magic tricks you already perform. Next summer’s multi-state library consortium theme is “Be Creative @ Your Library!” Be ready with this great new eBook that includes dozen of tricks, routines plus all the artwork you need to create them yourself! Get started right now!
An entire section on developing your creativity:
• Fostering Creativity
• Creative Persistence
• Methods of Adapting
• Creativity Tools
An entire section of tricks and routines:
• Patter Changes
• Adapted Tricks
• Redesigned Tricks
Over 50 clever tricks and routines:
• There and Back
• Airhead Pirate
• Olympic Sponsor
• Bug Eyes
Over 200 original art files:
• Print and make dozens of your own tricks!
The easily readable CD works in any computer Mac or Windows. Just pop it in and watch with any pdf viewer. Read it onscreen or print out your own hard copy.
Copy, paste or print any of the 200 jpegs to make Jim’s tricks or your own versions.
What Your Future Holds - Rich Marotta:
Rich Marotta proves that anyone can be a psychic with this hilarious prediction effect!
A spectator selects one of 12 incredible predictions. Her free choice is a card that predicts she will make passionate love to a clown! Really! Yikes!
When she looks up, there you are, wearing a big red clown nose!
Rich performs this where guests are waiting in line to have their fortune told! It gets a huge laugh!
No sleights. No moves. No psychic ability required. Comes with everything you need.
Top Shelf - Docc Hilford:
Docc Hilford's Top Shelf includes everything you need to get started in performing at Top End nightclubs, restaurants and bistros - a special report and three of Docc Hilford's Acts:
• The Invisible Stranger (Book) - Frustrated with complicated Billet peeks that are cleverer on the page than in the field? Tired of having to shove unfolded business cards in your wallet just to read them? Hate switching slips because it's so unnatural and you're sure to be caught with the hidden note? Then take a modern look at an ancient page from the medium's notebook and use the cunning brilliance of The Invisible Stranger.
• The Whispering Buddha (Book with Gimmick) - is one of the greatest and strangest classics in magic. Greatest because of it's simple and direct effect, yet strange because probably no one has actually performed it! That's about to change. Fifteen years ago, Docc Hilford developed a workable method with his friend the late German mentalist, Punx. The result was a routine that maintained the clean directness of the original effect and made performance easy on the entertainer.
• The Rosini Secret (Book) - Paul Rosini is remembered as one of America's top card magicians and nightclub entertainers. But few know he was an outstanding mentalist. Docc Hilford spent over two decades searching for Rosini's secret billet reading method. Through articles, writings, and personal interviews, Docc has pieced together what he believes is the technique that filled Paul Rosini's pockets with cool cash.
• Special Report on 'How to Earn Top Dollar at Top End Night Clubs, Restaurants and Bistros. From Novice to Professional, This report is meant for you. A calm, easy, and fun technique to entice a manager or owner of a night club, restaurant, or bistro to offer you a regular night to perform at their establishment while maximizing your earning potential. The report also includes Docc Hilford's routine for performing at restaurants with this package. $149.95 (40.658)
Deck Dropper – Trevor Duffy:
Instantly produce a deck of cards from the sleeve!
• 1 Deck Dropper (Poker Size) Black
• 2 Safety Pin Attachments (1 Spare)
• 1 Mini DVD
• Fits neatly into your sleeve or anywhere in jacket.
• Instant re-set
• Easy to load
• Can be used in conjunction with a deck switch
• Durable polypropylene construction
"Wow! Not only does this produce a great effect, but it frees up a pocket, instead of costing me one! This is the perfect utility prop for the working pro!" - Michael Ammar
"Trevor Duffy has come up with the only safe, reliable way to produce a pack of cards from the sleeve. I was delighted by both the quality and ingenuity of his invention, and I can't wait to use it!" - Joshua Jay
Abbott’s Miracle Milk Pitcher: The finest milk pitcher on the market today!
Pour milk into a paper cone. Open the cone and the milk has vanished!
What's that? You already have a milk pitcher? Well, read on and you will want to retire your old pitcher right away.
Abbott's Miracle Milk Pitcher has the following features:
• You never need to fill it. The liquid is sealed in and never needs refilling!
• You never need to clean it.
• There is no preparation. It is always ready to work. In a fraction of a second the pitcher becomes filled.
• Virtually unbreakable! Made from crystal clear Lucite plastic.
• It’s a large pitcher! Its diameter is approximately four inches and apparent capacity one and one-half quarts.
• Can be done anywhere, surrounded and within a few feet of spectators.
• The effect can be repeated immediately.
The Miracle Milk Pitcher is always ready and you don't have to be very careful when pouring. Just pour in a natural and easy manner. There's nothing to worry about. The milk can't spill--ever!
You deserve the best, and so does your audience. This is the best! $99.95 (60.1557)
Power Word: Fall - Matt Sconce:
The words you speak when performing change the impact your magic has on a spectator. Imagine having the ability to control objects with the power of your words. This is not an average psychokinetic effect. With just a quiet whisper from several feet away, you are able to make objects fall at your command. The Power Word principle allows you to perform the impossible, knock one object off another without affecting it or choose which objects will fall and which will remain standing.
No weird, unnatural hand movements, no complicated setups. You do not need to be close to the object. In fact, you can even have your back turned while performing Power Word: Fall. Complete with a method perfect for walk around and street magicians, Power Word: Fall is a must have in your arsenal of reputation makers.
Comes with gimmicks and instructional DVD. $29.95 (40.657)
Sleeping Queen - Dan Hauss:
Dan Hauss, the creator of Flow, has created an eerie card illusion that literally brings your magic to life.
In this effect the spectator is shown a Queen of Spades that can be thoroughly examined.
She is asked to place her hand over the Queen and imagine her going to sleep.
When she removes her hand, seconds later, the Queen is sleeping!
The magician waves his hand over the deck and the Queen begins to wake up from her sleep.
This happens slowly and the spectator sees the eyes gradually open. At the end of the effect the spectator can keep the card as a souvenir.
Dan has also included two effects with packs of gum, Rewrapped and Gum Through Wrapper. Both of these effects are visual, practical, easy to perform and have been in Hauss' working repertoire for years.
* No specially printed card
* The eyes are closed and open on the same card
* Spectator can keep the card!
And that’s this week’s better than good goodies! As I mentioned previously, this is our last major sales event until the end of 2008. So, if you want to save some serious money, now is the time!
Have a terrific Thanksgiving. Don’t eat too much (good luck). And, I’ll see you next week. Same time. Same place.
As always, I hope you will find some time to spend with us either online at www.magicfact.com or in person at our all decked out for the holidays showroom at 102 North Street in Medford. Either way, we do love the company.