Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. I have a confession to make. I love toys. Always have. Since I was little. You should see my train layout. It will be amazing if it ever gets finished. Today, the toy-lover in me is oh, so very excited. Because today, Friday, is the rollout of one of the coolest toys ever. Today the folks at Apple Computer are releasing the iPhone. Lucky for me I have a teenage son who is desperate for an iPhone. And, he is willing to stand in line for several hours to make sure we get them. The kids have been saving their pennies for a year, waiting for the release. Even Bonnie has upped the stakes in her weekly Mahjong game to make sure she has won enough to swing an iPhone. So, if you are looking for me at six o’clock tonight, I will be at the Apple store waiting for my new toy. I will give you a full report on just how cool it is next week.
If you own a calendar, you know that next Wednesday is the 4th of July, or as the British call it, Thanksgiving. A big day of celebration and hot dogs. I will be spending the fourth with the family on Martha’s Vineyard. There’s a big, by MV standards, parade. Hopefully this year the Precision Marching Lawn Chair Team will be present. And, there’s fireworks, of course. I love fireworks. The noise, the fire, the works.
By way of celebrating, we are having our annual Fourth of July Sales Event! Read on.
FOURTH OF JULY SALE: For the next seven days, from the very moment you receive this email until Thursday July 7th at midnight, everything (well, almost everything) is on sale at 25% off the retail price. All you need to do is enter the special code JULYFOURTH in the Discount Coupon Box at the bottom of the first page of the online checkout at www.magicfact.com and we will automatically deduct 25% from your order total. If you are calling your order in to the Toll Free Order Line at 800 874 7400, FAXing your order to us at 781 395 2034 or emailing us your order to firstname.lastname@example.org make sure and mention the special code so you can save a huge 25%!
There are a few rules that apply, as with all things in life.
• The minimum order to use the 25% off discount is $25.00.
• The 25% is deducted from the retail price of the item. No intermediate discounts (such as HankoGram pricing) may be applied. In the case of sets, such as DVDs and Videos, the 25% is deducted from the retail price of each item and not from the set price.
• Certain items, due to contractual restrictions, are not included in this sale. All Joe Porper items, Paul Harris Prime Time Magic items, Viking/CW items, Kennedy Enterprises items, Colin Rose items, Mike Caveney Books, JB Magic, Martin Breese, Mikame Craft items, Greater Magic Teach-In DVDs, One Of A Kind Collectors' Items and a few other items are not included in the sale.
• If you place an order for an item that is not on this list or not noted in our online catalog, but is excluded from the sale, we will let you know before processing your order.
• Coupons will be deducted from the order total before the discount is applied.
• As the discount is automatically generated, you must put the special code JULYFOURTH in the Discount Coupon Box. You may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the box, but it is there. If you are not sure ow to do this, please phone your order in and we will take care of you. We cannot offer discounts retroactively.
And that's it. It could not be easier. So, get your order together and save yourself some serious money! But, act quickly. The sale ends Thursday at midnight!
Now, let's take a look at the Hotlist at www.magicfact.com.
Cesaral Production Machine: Cesaral’s new Production Machine is one of the most versatile items we have seen in a long time! Here are just some of the effects possible:
• Display a card case and says “I would like to do a magic trick for you…” But, when you try to take the cards out, a big silk shoots out of the box! “No, I want to do a magic trick with cards, not with a silk hanky”. Again you to take the cards out and suddenly a rope shoots out of the case. “No, No, I just want to do a magic trick with cards, not with a hanky or a rope…”. For the third time, you try to get the cards out of the box. This time a load of mini-cards (or confetti) appears, fired from the card box. “OK, there they are, but I need to convert them to normal sized cards…” Take a few of them and throw them inside the card box. Finally from inside the case you produce a real deck of cards.
• Three spectators choose three separate cards, and each of the cards is put back into the deck. The deck is shuffled and put back in the card box. A magic gesture and the first card appears from the card box, but printed on a big silk. A second magic gesture and suddenly a black hank appears with dots that show the second card, but this time it is not the real card. You shake the hank and suddenly the image in the hank transforms to reflect the proper card. A final magic gesture and the third card appears, but torn into pieces. The magician takes those pieces, makes them disappear, and the broken card pieces are turned into the third spectator’s card.
• Sow an empty card box and place the cards inside. Show a hank, poke it into your fist and the hank is gone. Take the card box again and suddenly the hank appears flying from it. Do the same with confetti; it disappears, and finally appears from the card box. Finally, show a string, italso disappears, and appears again inside the card box.
• Great for the "Card on Tongue" effect! At your command, a lot of small cards appear flying from the deck, and you try to catch the desired card in your mouth. The third time you try, the chosen card is seen at the end of your tongue.
* A great opener for any magic routine or show.
* Lots of presentational opportunities.
* The unit can be placed in any card case, box, magic hat etc.
* You can put many things inside (mini cards, confetti, rope, silks, and so on…)
* Activates manually and easily.
* Works for impromptu, close up, and stage magic.
Paper Clipped Special Edition – Jay Sankey: As performed by Keith Barry on the Ellen Degeneres Show! Experience the mind-blowing modern classic like you've never seen it before! Featuring tons of brand new material including:
Shroud - The signed card is discovered folded, paper-clipped and wrapped in masking tape!
Paper-clipped Premonition - The completely impromptu handling! You fold the prediction in front of the audience, fry them with the classic routine, and then astound them with a brand new bonus climax!
Full Lotus - Paper-clipped as a mind-bending transposition!
Closing Time - - Jay's killer "nest of boxes" Paper-clipped handling!
Gifted – Paper-clipped meets hardcore mentalism! The spectator's date of birth appears on the face of the folded card they've been holding from the very beginning!
As a special added bonus Jay has included 2 incredible "switchless versions" plus 5 handlings of the folded prediction magically appearing in the paperclip.
Jay even teaches you the two card routines he always performs as a lead-up to Paper-clipped!
Jay also teaches you:
The psychology and misdirection behind the all-important key lines of script with the classic Paper-clipped handling.
Trouble-shooting your Mercury Card Fold.
The value of having the selection signed by several spectators.
Performing Paper-clipped in a variety of settings including on stage for hundreds of people, at a children's party, close-up (with and without a table) and even when you are completely surrounded!
A one-handed version of the Mercury Card Fold (complete with the ideal misdirection.)
12 Keys to Incredible Audience Reaction!
Over two and a half hours long, this may well be one of the most detailed and comprehensive analysis of a single effect in the history of magic!
Much more than just an inspired analysis of a modern classic of card magic, this is a fascinating discussion of the art of sleight-of-hand in general including:
Managing spheres of audience focus, suspicious spectators and spectators who "burn" your hands.
Making the most of each "magic moment."
Switching without thinking and sleight-of-hand without tension.
Developing both a macro and micro perspective when practicing.
Framing the audience's interpretation.
The philosophy of practice Jay calls "focusing and forgetting."
Jay even includes the complete handling for his acclaimed Signed Card In Egg effect!
Add one of the brilliant new handlings of this world-wide hit to your own repertoire today!
Bird In A Cage Paddle – Joe Porper: The newest from our old pal Joe Porper. This is one of the most fun paddle effects he has created!
Show a black-anodized aluminum paddle with a picture of a bird on it. The bird is on both sides of the paddle.
A little flick, and the bird is gone, but now there’s a picture of a cage on both sides.
So far, nothing special, right? Wrong!
One more flick and the bird is now inside the cage! Of course, on both sides.
And, you can hand the paddle out for immediate examination! The clever mechanics do all the work for you!
You are guaranteed to have a blast with this one. Perfect for bird-watchers’ meetings (only kidding, not). $64.00 (10.1396)
Ultimate Chinese Sticks – Kovari: The Kovari Ultimate Chinese Sticks, unlike every other model of Chinese Sticks, allow the strings to stretch three times their normal length.
If you’re not familiar with the routine all we can say is, as you pull the short string, the long string retracts into the other stick. The audience believes the string is running down the end of one stick and out the end of the other, until you separate both sticks and continue the routine. During the routine, the long string keeps “accidentally” getting longer and longer, until by the time the routine is over, both of the long strings are well over five feet long. Some performers stand on a chair allowing the tassel to drag on the floor. Iagine the comedy potential!
These masterpieces of magic are being made again. There are several improvements in the mechanics and appearance, developed by master craftsman Jay Leslie. A limited number of these most sought after sticks are again available in Jay’s improved style.
New updated instructions are included with a few never-before published ideas for performance, plus a numbered certificate of authenticity giving you the privilege to perform the best made and most amazing version of the famous Chinese Sticks.
Take our word for it. The Kovari Ultimate Chinese Sticks will be considered the best Chinese Sticks ever made. You'll be thrilled when you pull the strings the first time or the thousandth time. You'll own a modern day piece of magical history. Put them in your collection or perform them in your show. $249.95 (60.1448)
Infinity Elastic Invisible Thread: The most versatile Invisible Thread you will ever own! For stage work, it be used right off the spool. For close-up work this thread can be split into 3 strands. The finer size is thinner than any other Invisible Elastic Thread, and is every bit as strong if not stronger!
The thread is already (and permanently) black. There's no need to color, ever.
You get enough thread on this spool to last literally several lifetimes. Enough thread to experiment with all kinds of ideas, without fear of running out. The huge spool weighs approximately 1-1/2 pounds!
And, it comes with Ron Jaxon's Infinity Loop!
The Infinity Loop opens doors to new possibilities with Invisible Elastic Thread. It can be used to perform any trick you already perform with a traditional elastic loop (Created by Finn Jon) and much more.
Here are some things you can do with the Infinity Loop:
• Perform all the effects you perform with a traditional loop. (Haunted Deck, Floating Finger Ring, Floating Bill, etc.
• Cause objects to float to your mouth or pocket.
• Cause objects to jump from hand to hand.
• Cause objects to jump from the floor to your hand.
• Make just about any small object float.
• Cause objects to float down to the floor and up above your head. Even around your body.
• Although you don't have to anchor to anything, you can if you wish, and perform much like you would an ITR.
• Once you have the loop on you it only takes a second to be ready to perform.
• The loop is much easier to make than a traditional loop.
The Infinity Thread really does come with a lifetime supply. You'll have enough to truly master using Invisible Elastic Thread. If you take care of your spool of Infinity thread, you'll never need to come back and buy more!
It also comes with basic instructions for stripping the thread, tying loops and of course detailed instructions on Ron Jaxon's Infinity Loop. $95.00 (70.947)
Napkin Rose – The Cube: What's you're favorite color?
We couldn't decide either. Now you don't have to.
Introducing the Napkin Rose Cube.
150 Napkin Rose Refills - 30 each of Red, Yellow, Pink, White and Purple - all in a modern carrying case that you can use over and over again.
As if that weren't enough, you're also saving money by purchasing the Napkin Rose Cube! $24.95 (70.948)
Electronic Floating & Glowing Ball: A bright red glowing ball is shown and then covered by a cloth. Suddenly the ball starts to rise upwards into the air, taking the cloth with it. Now the magician holds the cloth in front of him and the ball starts to float behind and in front of the cloth. It dances and moves of its own accord!
Now the ball is floating behind the magician and back up, appearing behind his arm, and then levitating so high into the air the magician has to stand on the tip of his toes to pull it back down! Finally the ball floats back to the table and the magician takes his bow!
While floating the ball can change it’s color into any color! The electronics allow the ball to change it’s color continuously or to have the ball shine brightly in a certain color like red, blue, green, purple etc.
Comes complete with:
Gimmick, Instructions, Electronic Ball and Batteries
Supply your own silk.
Ghost Candle: Display a simple candle and hold it in one hand. Tell a story of a haunted house that you have visited and ask if anyone believes in ghosts. Explain that a ghost has been following you since your visit at this haunted house and you cannot seem to get rid of the apparition. The audience does not seem to buy into this, so you offer to demonstrate. Explain that you need to light the candle to attract the ghost, because the ghost is drawn to the candle flame. But you can’t seem to find your matches. Stare at the candle and suddenly it lights by itself. You thank the ghost and continue with the ghost story.
Comes complete with instructions, box to store candle, extra wick and 2 pages of instructions.
Height: Approximately 7.5" (19cm) $75.00 (60.1449)
Multiplying TV Remotes: It’s been done with bananas, pickles, even hot dogs. But, never before with the thing you really want to multiply – your TV remote! You’ll never have to worry about losing your remote again!
From comedy genius Tom Burgoon, it’s the Multiplying TV Remotes! A fun and visual comedy bit for any stand-up act!
The remotes multiply right at your fingertips! Make a few, make a thousand; it's completely up to you! $29.95 (60.1446)
Digital Deception – Marc Oberon: Remove a key and ring from your pocket and explain that the audience will randomly create a three digit number.
Ask several people to name a single digit. These are put together to create a random three digit number.
Amazingly, the number named exactly matches the number digitally printed on the key ring! $49.95 (40.575)
And that’s this week’s goodies, and good ones they are. Of course, the fact that you can get 25% off on most of them makes them even more appealing!
I know I have mentioned this before, but it is important enough to mention again. We are producing a really nice version of the weekly Email Newsletter in html format. If you are still getting it in the Text Only format, just drop me an email and I will set you up for html. It is really worth changing over, trust me on this!
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July, and I hope you will find some time to spend with us online at www.magicfact.com. We do love the company!